Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, September 28, 2009

Changes for Me and My Home


I have been working around here like a mad woman. Finally got rid of the hideous berber carpet on the stairs.New carpet is definitely NOT in the budget as we are working on starting new businesses. So with the help of a bit of sandpaper and wood putty, molding and caulk, we are making progress.
Ugly plywood builder stairs are turning into lovely white stairs with an older home vibe.
Still need some molding and trim but we are making progress.
Speaking of progress, although hubs has not found a new position as yet he has been working on a few ideas that can take us into retirement working together. When that new job pops up we will have even more options for extra income. It's all good.
In the interest of extra income I have also decided to become a Lia Sophia jewelry advisor. Have you heard of them? I love the line and think I will have some fun. More on that later. Wish me luck. I will be MIA a bit more now, but I promise to post make overs as we complete them.

Have a terrific Tuesday, P.
Pin It!

12 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love the white steps!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I think the white steps are much more attractive than carpet covered stairs!

...good luck with the jewelry venture - sounds like a fun way to make extra $'s!

Ticking and Toile said...

The white steps look fabulous!! I just ripped up some hideous carpet on my stairs and they now look like your 'before' pics! I think I may try what you did....although our steps are actually 2x10's...big thick wood and kinda shorter steps than w/ carpet so it makes the stairs much steeper!? I'm going to look over your post closer & see if I can make it work! great job by the way!

Take Care & good luck w/ the new jewelry business!

Shellagh

Ticking and Toile said...

I have a question for you...what type of paint did you use on the stairs? And did you paint the landing white as well? Thanks

Shellagh

Geralyn Gray said...

I wish your steps lead you to much success in your new jewelry endeavor. I never told you how much I loved your charm.....your song reminded me.....I love how I never noticed the g in scrabble is worth 2 pts--My husband and I both have initials of gg and when we were first married we used to play scrabble almost every night (can't even imagine having the time to even play a game now)!

lucyslounge-dee said...

i love the steps. you did good work

Lynn said...

Wow! The stairs look fantastic!
Why would anyone ever want carpet!?

common ground said...

The stairs are great... alot of hard work, but I love the vintage look. Hope things go well with the jewelry, I'll check it out.
Debra

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Gorgeous! cherry

sew revived said...

Great job on the steps! I know how much work they were! Wishing you the best in your new venture.
43 more days 'til SB!
Sandy

Sea Witch said...

Love the white steps, so much nicer than the carpet. Now you have that great sound of shoes and feet stepping up and down. I will take a look at the new venture and wish you much success. Sea Witch

thedomesticfringe said...

Wow! Your stairs look great. You wouldn't want to come over and help me with mine, would you? I keep putting off my stair project and holding out hope for extra money to get carpet. My stairs are a mess! You've given me inspiration.

-FringeGirl