Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, August 14, 2009

Swapping at the Shore

I made a little pillow to carry your book to the pool and rest your hands on when reading. I was inspired by my BBF Jodie and the awesome pillow she made for her sister. I don't know about you but I always need something to prop my book on when I am lounging about. I am not a seamstress, but I have been trying to sew a bit more, crafty not apparel. My swap partner is an avid reader, quilter and shore lover, so I tried to incorporate all of this in my swap. Swaps are interesting as they can take you out of your comfort zone. My partner loves bright colors, yellow, hot pink, purple and green plus all shades of blue. My palette tends to stay more towards neutrals and soft colors, so this made me work outside of my comfort zone.
I did get to use some vintage postcard images too. A bookmark has a hot pink flip flop dangle, and the earrings hold little seahorses.
I hope she likes them. I will share the cheerful package I received in return as well as another charming swap I was involved in soon.
I am still taking a break but I had a few moments to share, so I did. (Share, that is)

Have a Fun Friday, P.
P.S. I have removed a lot of clutter from my blog layout. What do you think? Is it easier to read?
Pin It!

3 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

I love it......sew talented! I love the vintage bathing beauty images....looks like a great swap!

Marilyn said...

How pretty!! (and useful!!)
Always,
Marilyn
xxoo

The Queen of Clearance said...

That is awesome...I might want to make one of those! Yours looks great! You layout does look good and non cluttered, but I cant remember it looking cluttered before! lol. Have a great weekend!