Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Outdoors in Mainstrasse

I am joining in another Outdoor Wednesday celebration. I promised more photos of Mainstrasse Village in Covington, Ky. This is the end point of the Longest Yard Sale. A quaint area of shops, restaurants and clubs as well as private homes.

Story book streets of old buildings with a definite tilt towards German style.
Small gardens filled to the brim with flowers and darling fences and gates.
The Goose Girl fountain at the town square.
Chez Nora jazz club and restaurant with it's rooftop deck for star gazing.
Charming streetscapes.
A lot of history here, where North and South meet at the Ohio River.
Do you love these buildings?
Such detail. I believe that top one should be my studio, wouldn't that be lovely? Sigh...
Ivy covered garden walls.
Bountiful flower beds.
Quaint, quaint, quaint.
Look at this entry, to die for I tell ya.
Come visit me sometime and we will explore, and shop and eat and sip cocktails while enjoying a little jazz by the light reflected on the Ohio. As I said, I love my Cincinnati but Kentucky has the best view.
Blogger is going nuts lately, my last photo disappeared while I was typing and now I can't get rid of the line under my post. Oh well, go visit the other outdoor posts at A Southern Daydreamer. Hopefully they won't be underlined.

Have a wild Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Mary said...

I thorougly enjoyed the tour and the architecture.

Light and Voices said...

I loved your cyber tour of Mainstrasse. Got to add this to my bucket list.
jfm

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

What a beautiful town with great architecture! I would so love to come & stroll that street!

trash talk said...

I always enjoy the walking tours with you. I'm glad I was wearing my comfortable shoes!
Debbie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What a wonderful tour. It looks like a charming little village.

Musings of a Sea Witch said...

I want to visit there NOW. I love these types of communities. Sea Witch

The Queen of Clearance said...

great pictures! So pretty around there!

Bella Dreams said...

Thanks for the tour! I love seeing other bloggers pics. of their trips. They take us to so many wonderful places.

Bunny Missbrenner said...

I love your blog...just stumble upon it. Although I live So. Cali, when I picture my future in my head, those pics on your blog is what I conjure up. I will def come and visit you again.. What a great day!

tootles,
bunny

ps. if you get those lines again..highlight and click on that eraser thingy up on top and then click on highlighted area and it should be gone. It happened to me and I almost tore my hair out...lol