Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Falling Into Place

My post for today was going to be about the view from my window of the incredibly wet and somewhat dreary and cool summer we have been having. As I posted the picture of my window at 11:30 AM (AM mind you, almost noon, not supposed to be dark)my phone rang. My library was calling to let me know my copy of Tara Frey's Blogging for Bliss had arrived. I then remembered that Artsy Mama was hosting a release party for this very book, never mind the fact that I had totally overlooked my blog anniversary, which is tomorrow. One whole year, a year that has brought many changes. Talk about things falling in place!
So instead of moping about the weather I will celebrate finding this whole new world of inspiration and joining in the bliss.Below is my first photo from my first post, August 5th, 2008. The simple press of a key has done a lot to change my world. I had been reading creative blogs for a while before this leap of faith. I was fascinated that there were so many talented and giving people just sharing back and forth in a community that I had no idea existed.

It has brought much bliss to my already very pleasant life. I had been a SAHM to two children, now 18 and 21. As they got older I worked part time as a decorative painter, more for the companionship and creativity than the cash. My daughter was beginning her Senior year of high school as I began my blog and the tug of the empty nest was pulling at my heartstrings.
Then I found all of you. Kindred spirits to shares ideas, hometowns, recipes, art and daily life.
Since I began blogging we have been through a lot of changes here in Frippery Farmhouse, some literally life changing. I would visit your blogs and see the joy and sorrow in your lives and feel how small this world is. I have been so touched by some of your stories, lifted up and filled with the grace of being human. Thanks for sharing your lives.
Speaking of sharing...the creativity that spills from your blogs never ceases to amaze. I have been inspired to step up my game just by looking at your posts, and photos and tutorials. The giving never ends.
I have also connected with so many bloggers that I consider friends, ones that I would feel I had known forever on first, person to person meeting. Blogging brings the world close. People one would never have the opportunity to meet are as close as your desk top.
Matter of fact, I would never have gone to Silver Bella for the first time if it had not been for blogging. Now I am dancing on a cloud to be returning again this year.
I feel blessed to have discovered this community. I love to visit with all of you. I love to see your homes and your art and your towns, what you collect, how you think.
Blogging is bliss, a way to learn, grow and connect with like minded people in a world that sometimes moves too quickly. I am off to the library to pick up my book. One more bit of bliss.

Go see who else is joining the party. I'm sure it will be a blast!

Have a Tuesday full of joy, P.
Pin It!

15 comments:

Marilyn said...

I sure do enjoy blogging with you!! The first time I saw your blog was through Tristan's. He is a dear & so off beat that I hoped yours would be alike. I love the off beat sense of humor that is displayed in some of the blogs!
Life can be too serious!!
I consider you my friend & I hope for a long time to come!!
Love,
Marilyn

common ground said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! In the last 6 weeks MY life has changed, so I'm sure one year brings so many new friends, ideas, and perspectives.
Hope you have a "summery" August. It's decided to warm up here in Missouri!
Blessings, Debra

sinnlighet said...

Must tell you that I love & like your blog!

Agneta from Sweden

Lynn said...

Congrat's on your blogaversary, I have mine coming up soon too, amazing how fast the time goes :)

marty39 said...

You so eloquently said how I feel about blogging. Thanks for saying it so well. Congratulations on your 1st anniversary. Hugs Marty

Sandra said...

Hi there. I totally understand what you mean about blogging. I have really enjoyed following everyone's blogs. There is such a connection between bloggers and I am happy to be a part of it. I wish I had started blogging sooner though. :)
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Sandra

bella shabby said...

Hi Pam , I remember finding your blog - you had just read a John Connelly book and posted about it. Wow - even in bloglanTime flies. I'm so happy to have met you , Sue

Geralyn Gray said...

I think the bliss you're finding is you have a new nest you're building......each new follower is like a new twig in your nest. It really is helping me with a void I know I will be feeling soon......mine fly away on the 24th.....when does your daughter start school??

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Pam, I really enjoy you writing and photographs. You share beautifully. Thank you. ~Mindy

Laura said...

What a beautiful post. Happy blog anniversary.

I am so glad to know you!

What is Silver Bella?

Laura

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a delightful and thoughtful post.

blogging has brought a lot into my life, as well.

Musings of a Sea Witch said...

Lovely, lovely post. Congrats on your one year anniversary. Sea Witch

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Great "blog bliss" post! And very pretty blog too.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Your photographs have always been a great source of inspiration.
Congrats on your year of blogging.

Lynn said...

You told my blog story eloquently.
It is good to know you.