Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unbelievable Doll Artist


There is one of those slow and steady rains outside my window, nourishing the gardens. It was much needed and as such I am thoroughly loving the sound. We are surrounded by woodland and soft summer rains always give the feeling that we are safe and sound in our little farmhouse deep in an enchanted forest. I wanted to share an enchanting doll maker that elicits that same feeling. Pixiwillow. I found her site when looking for doll sculpting classes last year for my daughter.
When we began looking at this gallery we were floored. Below is an interpretation of young Peter Pan being visited by Tinkerbell. The artist's name is Michelle Bradshaw and she is amazing. Have you ever seen such detail? I could spend hours gazing at her work. Cinderella's mouse is pictured below. Ack! I covet this little furry creature! Can you get over this detail?

Of course I have told you all before about my obsession with fairy tales, the darker the better. Well, how dark is this? Alice in Wonderland in a decidedly creepy little vignette. Love the Cheshire Cat portrait.
Sweet Alice, fresh from the looking glass. I am in awe! I had to share this talent with you. Check out all of her creations in her online gallery, but make sure you have a bit of time. You will not be leaving quickly!
Speaking of Alice, I am on pins and needles waiting for March of 2010 and this movie...Alice in Wonderland (2010). Tim Burton is the best!
Now, please do yourself a favor and visit this inspiring and magical place.

Have an enchanted Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

common ground said...

These dolls are totally amazing. I cannot imagine the time she must spend on these. I'm in love with the little mouse!
Debra

Marilyn said...

I have seen many doll artists but she is one of the best!! I swear I see them breathe....
Thanks for the photos.
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Kathy said...

Wow! What a talented artist - my favorite is Alice!

Kathy

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Truly artistic, wow!

Musings of a Sea Witch said...

Adore the field mouse with key. So life like. Sea Witch

thedomesticfringe said...

I haven't heard of this artist, but those pictures are amazing!

-FringeGirl

Sue said...

You are right, Pam. This artist is amazing! Each of the creations I saw are so unique and lifelike. I plan on going back to her site when I have more time to view more.
thanks for the link. AWESOME!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Beautiful dolls!
I am starting to have a real appreciation for some of the doll makers I've discovered via blogging. (I didn't use to have much interest)

Hope your summer is going along nicely!