Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Photo Tag

Tagged by my BBF Jodie. The rules are as follows. Go to your 6th file, 6th picture and post it then give a bit of background about it.
My photo should be fairly recognizable to most, especially you Texas girls. You know my dream is to be one of you. Please don't secede before I become a resident!
For those of you with no idea where this picture is, just remember the...Alamo. These pictures were taken early last year on my second trip to one of my very favorite cities ever. San Antonio , Texas. I love it there. The River Walk and art and shopping and nearby Bourne and Fredrickburg, and the independent spirit of the entire state.
This trip we stayed at the Emily Morgan Hotel. This building was originally a medical arts building, (read creepy old hospital). It is lovely now but purported to be haunted. We stayed on the 14th floor in room 1414, and since this hotel goes by the tradition of no 13 floor or room 13 we were actually in room 1313 on th 13th floor, da da dum, (scary music).
We saw no apparitions, much to my disappointment. (I think) I even took some night pictures, in hopes of catching an Alamo ghost or two. The Alamo is supposed to be really haunted. Nope, I got nothin'.
Other than lack of ghosts the trip was fabulous. I don't think we would see this gentleman riding down the streets of Cincinnati.
Anyhoo, I was only supposed to show picture 6 right? Okay, just a couple more. If you have never visited San Antonio, a must see is the River Walk. A WPA project that has since been expanded on. Bits of history blending with the new.
Like strolling through another world. A feeling of Europe in the midst of Texas.
I just love it here.
A glimpse of a gargoyle guarding our hotel entrance. Hmmm, if this was a hospital I was considering I think I would find a different one after seeing these.
MKay, now I must choose 6 lucky souls who may like to participate (or not). No obligation, but remember, it may haunt you.
1. Alicia at Boylerpf
2. Joy at Joys of Home
3. Fringegirl at Domestic Fringe.
4. Marilyn at Our Victorian Cottage
5. Mindy at Primitiques N Poetry
6. Ms. Cherrylicious at Cherry's Jubilee
Seriously, it's summer,you have a life. If you need a quick post idea, join in. If not, no worries.

Have a lighthearted Thursday, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Great post. Love the man on the Texas longhorn. I sure wouldn't see that here in Phoenix. I have been to San Antonio and that Riverwalk is so beautiful and peaceful. Thanks for sharing today. Country hugs, Sherry

Cheri Peoples said...

One of my girlfriends was there just a few weeks ago and blogged about it.

Come by for my GIVE-A-WAY this week by 10 pm Fri.
and then check out our newest addition.

Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

delightful post!

Joy said...

Wow, those pictures are grand! I've never been to Texas, but after seeing your photos I'd like to go...when the weather is cooler.
You have wonderful photos to share! Just for fun I went to my sixth and sixth. It happened to be a picture of a black hawk helicopter that my hubby took when he had the opportunity to go for a ride in one. Yeah, exciting for him, not so much for most people who would read my post. Hee! Hee!

I really do appreciate you thinking of me though! Thanks!

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I love your postcard style pics, you certainly have a great eye for these shots!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hey Pam!
I enjoyed your tour of San Antonio as we go there quite often and I LOVE IT but it was so nice to go today at NO expense! Yay!
Thanks for playing along!!!!!!!!
everything vintage

lei said...

Great photos!

You're right in that San Antonio has to be one of the most beautiful cities in the US. I loved everything about it.

thedomesticfringe said...

I LOVE your photos. Amazing!

-FringeGirl