Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, July 17, 2009

Some Shared Enthusiasm


Things are getting a bit stale around Frippery Farmhouse. Lot's of changes going on but nothing ready to share. So I think I will spend the rest of the summer sharing other places. Inspirations that I love to visit, read or just eye candy to enjoy.
The Lettered Cottage is one of those. I am sure most of you have visited Layla but this post and the quote from Ralph Marston at the end were just what I needed right now. I find this happens a lot with blogs I read, someone always has just what I am looking for on that particular day. So thanks Layla, and all of you, for being such a positive part of life.
Another quote I would like to share is one from Charles Kingsley,
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about." True words, very true.

Have an enthusiastic Friday, P
Pin It!

7 comments:

Cheri Peoples said...

So true-
I have been busy working on my big announcement and so I feel so far behind on several things.

Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Enthusiasum.... Yep, you are right!! Ya' gotta' want to.....
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Thanks for sharing Frippery. I will miss your posts tho, so I will stop by and just say hello every now and then. Country Hugs, Sherry I love the dishes too.

marty39 said...

You are so right, it seems there are always such wonderful blogs to really lift us up and inspire us or just make us laugh. Good medecine for every day. Hugs, Marty

Lou Cinda said...

I live Layla's blog too and read it everyday. I am blessed to be a very positive minded person, sometimes to my detriment! But when I have times that I am not so positive and perky, I force myself to stop and take stock of my life and look around and COUNT my blessings! I always come out ahead!

I enjoy your blog very much!

Lou Cinda :)

Geralyn Gray said...

So true Pam!!!!!!! I love how you share how you are feeling and you are right----enthusiasm---wow I am challenged just to spell it this morning---let alone have some!!!!!!

Sandra said...

Hi there. What pretty dishes. I'm glad I found your blog. Very inspiring. :)
Blessings,
Sandra