Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Rain...Rain...Rain

I am obsessing on the wet summer weather we are having.Foggy dawns.
The air is so thick with moisture you can almost sip it.
Dense, like a jungle.
The sun rises and all is wet once again.
Intensely green.
The rain deepens the colors of the flowers.
I am inspired to create something to reflect these colors and shapes. Polka dots on petals.
Such brilliance.
The flowers adore this nurturing from Mother Nature.
They are flourishing.
I anticipate that all of this rain will make for a lovely August and September.

Have a Thankful Thursday, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Cathy said...

Beautiful!!! It looks so cool and peaceful!!! I love it!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

See? What I want to do is grab a glass of wine and sit in your backyard and listen to the music. Instead, I will just have to be satisfied with your awesome pictures. Not a real bad trade off actually. Thanks for the beauty. ~Mindy

Marilyn said...

I am one of those who loves the humidity & haze in the mornings. By the time January comes around I long for it....
We have been so rainy here too. In fact there were tornados not far from here yesterday. VERY out of the ordinary for us.
I call this wet humid summer we are having "The air you can wear!!"
Love,
Marilyn

Sue said...

Love your pics, Pam!

Those first ones reminded me of the movie, "The Others" (one of my faves!) for some reason...

Lynn said...

Truly!
Can you send some to northern California?

Sandra said...

What pretty pictures! It's been raining alot in my part of Texas. I love it!
Blessings,
Sandra

Jodie LeJeune said...

Pam, I have an idea. I think it's a good one and I know other's will agree with me too.
This is the deal.
Sell all of your worldly belongings (including the stuff for your booth ;) and become a traveling professional photographer.
The benefits are that you'll be able to see the world, Joe can be your driver and your first stop would be down here in the deep South...there is A LOT of swamp area to photograph here!
Seriously girl, the first three photos would be beautiful post cards...I say start printing them and put them in your etsy shop!
You are a fantastic photographer!!!
everything vintage

cupcake studio said...

Really pretty shots!