Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, July 17, 2009

Postcard Friendship and More Inspiration

Today is my first Postcard Friendship Friday hosted by the lovely Marie. She always shares the most wonderful images.
I have always wanted to join in but I am usually late for the party. (Story of my life) Well, today I am just squeaking in at the last minute with a wonderful image of my beloved Queen City. "The Queen of the west, in her garlands dressed, on the banks of the beautiful river." H.W. Longfellow

Now on to another inspiration. My dear Bella friend Sandy of Sew Revived hosts a library night each Tuesday with a list of the holds she has picked up that day. I always find something to put on order at my library. This has got to be one of her all time best picks. I am probably the last one to know about this book and it's author. Have you seen The Find by Stan Williams?

Talk about inspiration! I could spend an hour on each page thinking up ways to arrange my furniture or new ways to alter it. Thrifty and sophisticated.
Gah! I love this dining spot. It is just the feel I am going for in our lower level (read fancy word for basement). Then imagine my delight when I also found out he has not one but two blogs. The main one being The Elegant Thrifter. Absolutely loaded with inspiration. I am sure I am the last one to know, but seriously, if you haven't visited and love thrifting like I do....well, nuff said. Plus, he does these crazy, little retro handbag gifts on his other blog, Hooch Bags, that will just kill you.
Are you still here? Go...go...!

Have a friendly Friday, P.
Pin It!

10 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Cool book, I hadn't seen that one yet.

Geralyn Gray said...

I am so glad we are pff buddies---I hope I keep up with it. I am afraid it might make the weeks go by even faster. But, I really need to document my collection and this is a fun way(and motivating too) ok off to check out those blogs----you always have great reccomendations!

marty39 said...

What a great looking book. I also have to go visit his blog. Seems like it is just my kind of thing. Thanks for sharing. I also wanted to let you know that the next "Cloche Party" is scheduled for the 11th of Sept. for the Fall season. Grab the button on my sidebar to remind you and to let your friends know. See you there. Hugs, Marty

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

lovin' that living room!

I'll have to check amazon for the book - thanks for the tip!

Laura said...

I love house books, among many other loves, so I am off to find this book.

Thanks,
Laura

apostcardaday said...

Hi, welcome to Postcard Friendship Friday! I'm not sure where Queen City is, but it looks lovely. I will go off now to try to find out its location.:) See you next week!

Sheila

French Cupboard said...

I just saw that cover somewhere the other day. I'm so glad you posted about it. I wanted to check it out. Thanks!

Blessings... polly

The Elegant Thrifter said...

You are a dear! Thank you for posting my book. It means so much to me.

Stan

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely postcard! I enjoyed every bit of your blog. Happy PFF!

TattingChic said...

That is a lovely old postcard. The book looks like quite a find, itself!