Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, July 31, 2009

PFF Friday!

Once again it is a party at Marie's!

I am very late on my PFF post today. The Hotel Alms, a luxury destination which would have been a lovely place to spend some time. Alas, it has disappeared into the history of Cincinnati hotels.
Who would have thought that this gorgeous fantasy garden and al fresco dining spot existed behind this Victory Parkway edifice. I am definitely going to research this hotel further. I did find a link with many more postcards than I have in my collection. The Cincinnati Collection is a lot of fun for postcard lovers. Pieces of the past well documented.

Have an Historic Friday, P.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, what a fantastic garden to have behind the hotel! Colourful!

Debby said...

I totally love these cards. So beautiful and colorful, thanks for sharing.

Geralyn Gray said...

I love the color of the sky in the old postcards. The gardens were beautiful and I love the look of old hotels. I am definitely attending the art opera---Lisa has been working on this for awhile---It should be a great venue. The hotel she picked is a big old hotel on a river. It was a great choice. I hope you and Joe could come to New Jersey...You would love Red Bank for the antiques and a town called Ocean Grove which has a really cool history and of course while you are there you could have a beer at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park......I think it makes for a great weekend!!!!!

trash talk said...

I just bought and sold one of those Hotel metal patio umbrellas!
Debbie
P.S. Don't tell Jodie I was here...I'm suppossed to be working.