Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, July 24, 2009

PFF Again!

Two weeks in a row. Wow. This is an accomplishment. I have no sweet and quirky postcards to share because my collection mostly consists of my dear Queen City and holidays. Hopefully I will not bore you to death with Cincinnati. (Yes, for those who were trying to guess about last Friday's PFF post, Longfellow was speaking of Cincinnati, Ohio as the Queen of the west.) This postcard shows the center of our city, Fountain Square as it looked sometime around...let's just say, before I was born, tee hee.
Oh how I wish I could time travel. Below are a few pictures of the Tyler Davidson Fountain as she stands today.
Still lovely and still the bustling center of town.
Thanks for hosting Marie. Now I am off to see all the other postcards.

Have a fun filled Friday, P.
Pin It!

14 comments:

Debby said...

Love your post today, the cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.
HAppy PFF!

Marina Miranda said...

so lovely! happy PFF
:)

Sheila said...

I just love seeing "then and now" pictures! Another place I'd love to visit - so many of them this week. :)

The French Bear said...

Wow, magnificent photos!! I never saw pictures of your city before, thanks, so nice to see where others live and see everyday!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Aimee said...

I love seeing the modern version of old postcard scenery!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I sometimes wish I could time travel as well. Seeing the old postcards and a seemingly less hectic life makes it so desirable. What a great statue!

Robin said...

I can't speak for everyone else but you haven't bored me. :-)
Lovely postcard......great background
Thanks for sharing

Have a beautiful weekend

Chris Overstreet said...

At last the answer to why we drive on a parkway -- the road was the way past this fountain and park. I'm glad it hasn't been removed in the name of progress.

Lynn said...

Aaahhh Cincinnati!
A lovely city!
How are things there?

Geralyn Gray said...

I love that fountain.......The building on the left of the postcard looks like it could be in Paris....I always love when you share pictures of Cincinatti.

Le Core Femme said...

Gorgeous Pam!
Love the "then & now" perspective.
I would love to visit Cincinnati.

BTW.. I usually have my sound muted when I am browsing, but it happened to be on this time and I have to say "I Love Your Playlist"!! :)

Have a great weekend sweetie!
Huggs,
Tonya

Marie Reed said...

This is FABULOUS! I'm exploring Cincinnatti with the summer wind blowing in my face! How exciting to travel back in time with you:) I'm sooo happy that you joined PFF. My connection here on vacation is very escargot like. I'm ususally not so late!

REDLAN said...

Beautiful postcards! Thanks for sharing!

Carole said...

A great postcard.

It's always interesting to see how things have changed (or not) by comparing them to current times.