Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Garage Sale Gloating

Forgive my smugness. We went garage sale-ing this morning and let's just say...we were successful. Twenty pieces of etched crystal barware. Good, yes? A few salt and peppers for glitter storage, nice.

More pieces of dinner ware that I use for fall, lovely, right? Striped milk glass tumblers and a bowl from a mixer, also milk glass. Should I stop here?
Oh, did I mention the orange juice set, or the malted milk wafer tin? How about the towering stack of paper popcorn boxes for movie night? Oh I did mention them already?
A little sparkly closeup, in case you aren't jealous yet.
Oh, right, the milk class top hat...I almost forgot that! Too much?
Okay, I am finished with the list. Now, how much did we spend you ask? Well, we are quite wealthy you know...big spenders and all that...wouldn't want to brag. Oh, you are going to force it out of me? Alright, all of these fabulous finds cost the kingly total of $15.00!!!
Oh wait, $15.50, I forgot that I picked up this darling plaster cake topper at the last sale. Yes, we went a bit over budget with that last 50 cents.
I think we got our money's worth today.
What did you unearth this weekend?

Have a weekend full of joy, P.
Pin It!

16 comments:

common ground said...

Well, now you're just being mean. LOL. You got some great stuff and I'm lovin' those fall dishes... so sweet!
Debra

Jodie LeJeune said...

Okay girl...I must say you did GREAT! Although I'm a little jealous of course, I must say my fav would be the striped milk glass tumblers! Those s&p shakers are perfect for glitter...mine are all different and I love the way they look in my cigar box on the shelf!
Your finds were certainly worth gloating about girl...gloat gloat!
everything vintage

marty39 said...

Oh my word, I didn't go garage saleing, but I love all of your wonderful finds. I'd say you definitely hit the jackpot. I love it all. Great finds. The crystal is especially wonderful, as well as the beautiful dishes. You did very well. Hugs, Marty

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Great finds and great bargains!

Laura said...

All I can say is...
HOLY COW!

Laura

gypsylulu said...

Wow..some great finds!
I guess the fancy barware would be my fav..congrats!
gypsy

Marilyn said...

I am turning green..**.. greener ..**.. GREENEST!!! OMG!! Ispotted those striped glasses clear from here!! OMG...OMG... I am so ..**..G-R-E-E-N!!
p.s. I am so happy for you!! What a wonderful find for a wonderful lady!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Sandra said...

Wow! You did great! I like everything!
Blessings,
Sandra

Lynn said...

Good work!
Now, where are you going to store all that schtuff!?

THE VERANDA said...

You do have reason to gloat. Those are some great finds! I'll be glad to give you back your 50 cents for that little cake topper. Wouldn't want you to go over budget.... Maggie

Sue said...

I am a sucker for glassware, period! Will you keep your bar ware out? The striped glasses are just plain FUN!! Ya did good!
:-) Sue

trash talk said...

Hey Pam, I'll do better than Maggie and give you a dollar for the topper...I'm willing to let you double your money!
I love the etched crystal. I wonder if it's Cambridge. Is it old? It is just beautiful.
You made out like a bandit...did you have your sidekick with you for all the good luck?
Debbie

Musings of a Sea Witch said...

So much treasure to be had. Love a great haul. Sea Witch

lei said...

Didn't your mama tell you that gloating isn't nice?!

But the other side of that coin is, "If you've got it, flaunt it!"
And you got a whole bunch of great stuff to flaunt.

Even though I'm envious, I'm glad you shared.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I'm so excited for such a successful treasure hunt! All these lovely items will look marvelous displayed in your beautiful home :)

The Jeweled Postcard said...

Okay, so I'm just a little jealous! Awesome finds!