Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Drop, Drizzle, Pour

Did I mention that it has been raining? A LOT! Even the beetles have no where to hide. It looks like a rain forest outside my window. The gardens are lush, bordering on overgrown. If it doesn't stop soon I fear the house will be overtaken by vines.
In a rare sunlit moment I captured a cloak of nature's jewels glistening on leaves.

I believe this willow was getting taller as I photographed it. Luxuriating in the dampness.
No drooping foliage in this garden.
Did I mention it was raining? Again?
BTW, the forecast for today and tomorrow? Rain.

Have a sunny Saturday, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Andrew Rowley said...

wow some pretty amazing shots. keep it up.

Sue said...

GREAT pics, Pam.

Yeah, rain, rain and more rain. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow for my father's 87th birthday party!

Teresa said...

Beautiful pictures! It's so rare for us to have this much summertime rain...I actually kind of like it--don't have to water the plants outside! Have a great weekend, Pam.

Marilyn said...

Hi Pam!!
Wonderful photos!!
We are dry today... yesterday we got drowned & tomorrow rain redux!!
Maybe we should just "chalk this up" to a lost summer & wait till' next year!!
Love,
Marilyn

Lynn said...

Have you rusted yet?

Jodie LeJeune said...

Don't drown Pam...enjoy the drops! Which I know you are doing anyway...who else would take a camera outside and photograph them??? tee hee!
Just keep your floaties on!!!!
everything vintage

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

You picture snapping is fabulous, we have had alot of rain and cooler temps her in NC the past few weeks, however today dry and 95!! Blessings, janna

Orphaned Decor said...

Gorgeous pics, great links and I have to tell ya...you have the very best music on your blog. After I read everyone of your posts..I peeked at other blogs listening to your music!! Thanks for taking time to make such a nice place to visit. Have a wonderful weekend!! Leslie

Susie from Bienvenue said...

Looking for some rain here soon. It's so hot and humid Im already looking towards fall. Hope you see some sunshine soon~