Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Bevy of Blooms for Outdoor Wednesday

The abundance of rain this summer has turned our gardens into jungles. Wonderful for the plants but the weeding is getting away from us.
The coneflowers are smiling at the sky. Thanking the clouds.
The grasses are thriving.
These wild daylillies were transplanted here 16 years ago and are quite happy.
I always called these Tiger Lillies because of Peter Pan.
My pots haven't even wilted from lack of water and inattentive gardening.
Wild roses grow through my hibiscus.
I love Annabelle Hydrangeas. They just bloom like mad here. This is my oldest one. I am planning to divide it in the fall. I think I can create an entire hedge row from this one plant.
All these blooms will fill vases and containers and dry to a soft green by fall.
Whats going on outdoors at your house?

Have a wild Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

12 comments:

Lori E said...

I just went to a daylily farm on Sunday. Oh my they have come a long way from the lovely orange ones you and I have.
I wish my hydrangeas would have enough blooms on them to cut some for inside. Sigh.
Keep watering it looks lovely.

Darla said...

Weeds are giving us a fit too. Your gardens look beautiful.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Your garden is amazing! Those hydrandeas are breathtaking. I love that color and have not seen it until I started blogging. I can't see the weeds... all I see is a lovely yard!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

stefanie said...

your garden is beautiful, i love your white hygranges, thanks for sharing

marty39 said...

All of your flowers are just gorgeous. The summer rains are so good for the plants, and they always bloom so beautifully. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Janie's World said...

Your garden is lovely. That hydrangea is amazing! Beautiful!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Your gardens are just beautiful. Love the hydrangeas. The color is exquisite. So daring. I also love the little flowers growing in the pot. Your statue is also gorgeous. I love statutes in the garden. I have signed up to follow your BLOG. I want to come back and see more. Please stop by and say hi. I would love to have you follow my blog as well. Country Hugs, Sherry

Marilyn said...

Your Gardens are Beautiful.... Mine are like a jungle too. The weeds are growing very nicely.. :-(
Oh well, guess it makes for good bending exercise!! LOL!!
Love,
Marilyn

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your flowers are beautiful.
Glenda

Sandra said...

Beautiful garden! And I see your statue of mother Mary. :) Beautiful.
Come see my statue of my mother Mary. It is "Our Lady of Lourdes" :) on my blog.
I hope you don't mind me following your blog. :) Love it.
Blessings,
Sandra

trash talk said...

I am jonesing really bad over the hydrangeas. I just don't have any luck with them. I have planted the "Endless Summer" varieties, but they don't dry worth a hoot! Yours are breathtaking, Pam!!!
Debbie

Mary said...

What a lovely garden. Your hydrangea are amazing. Your photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing them with us.