Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, June 18, 2009

TTFN

I am participating in Marty's fun Cloche Party. A perfect place to celebrate my 200th post!
I tend to concoct cloches out of a little bit of this and that.
This little cloche is made from a garage sale find downspout cover, a flea market piece of wood, the base of a thrifted McCoy flower pot, a bit of moss and the cutest little strawberry salt shaker.


One of these isn't technically a cloche but I love any glass container that raises the items inside to new prominence. So, salt and peppers, green Depression glass plates and a little fork look like treasures. The smaller cloche is actually a glass taper holder and plate glued together and the top is a candle holder from a wrought iron hanging thingy flipped upside down.
I love all the kitchen goods from the 30's and 40's but many things I collect are small so cloches are the perfect showcase.
This cloche on a stand is another conglomeration. I sprayed an ash tray stand from the 40's white, ditched the ash tray and took a glass cover from a Goodwill light fixture turned upside down to make this cloche. A glass piece (not sure what it's purpose was originally) covers the hole and a metal curtain rod finial tops this one off.
Love my pretty robin inside. I had a few more pictures of other cloches to share but decided to try loading my pictures with Picasa. I could only get 4 pictures on this post. I thought I could export the rest in another folder but I couldn't get it to work.
This lead me to realize just how much time I spend working on my Blog instead of getting art done for Etsy or gearing up for the Burlington Antique Show which we are doing this Sunday. (Happy Father's Day, Joe)
Remind me not to use Picasa again, now everything is underlined and I can't stop it.
Anyway, I am taking a few weeks to get real life back together. I will be back in July. (this line is making me nuts) I will be hosting a 200th post give away when I come back. I love all my blogging friends and will be visiting, if not commenting. Don't forget me.
Now go and see all the other cloches and say hi to Marty for me.

I am taking a lesson from my friend Jodie,..take time for the important things.

So, TTFN, P.
Pin It!

37 comments:

PAT said...

These are beautiful!!!

ellen b. said...

I love this. I'm getting so many great ideas!!

Martha said...

How clever with your cloche on a stand.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Yup...I like the old stand with the cloche, as well. Enjoy your time! ~Mindy

Mary Ellen (megardengal) said...

Love that old tall stand you used for your cloche! very clever!

evangelines said...

Congratulations on your 200th post! :)

You have such cute ideas! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Mary said...

Smart idea! :O) Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

The French Bear said...

Wow, everyone has such beautiful cloches!!! I love the robin! I think I need to go and take some photos of the cloches I have!!!
Thanks for sharing yours, have a great time away!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

trash talk said...

They are all fantastic gatherings, Pam, made even prettier under glass. I love the smoker stand transformation. I don't know how many of these I have passed up, but I could kick myself now for doing so.
I'm thinking about taking a much needed breather myself. I am so addicted to blogging, I need to see if I need a 12 step program or if I could cold turkey it if I had to. lol
Debbie

sinnlighet said...

Must tell you....Your blogg.....me like!!!

Agneta from Sweden

marty39 said...

Now I am really inspired to see what I can make a cloche out of. YOur just amaze me. They are all so pretty and so beautifully done. I love them all. What inspiration and such creative ideas. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

texasdaisey said...

What cool ideas. What a great idea for a party too. I just love cloches.
Debbie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What great ideas and so pretty! Thanks for sharing.
Glenda

Chandy said...

Great cloches!

Kammy said...

Great post !
I am loving the big one by your fireplace !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Sue said...

Oh Pam. another Ohio girl! I'm on a teeny tiny mini laptop this am and can't see = where abouts do you live? I love your re-purposed and beautiful cloche displays! You've worked dome magic and used your small collection pieces to make them a focal point. Yours is the second downspout cover I've seen- where in the world did you get it? I am coveting it baaad... thanks so much for stopping by, hope to see ya again, and I,too, will be back... :-) Sue

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Love your cloches....your ideas are creative and original.

Barb

Marilyn said...

O.K., now you have inspired me... I am about to go wandering around the china cabinets & take a look at glass "things" differently!! I love cloches... I especially love to use them to display My Families Vintage Christmas Ornaments....
You so inspire me!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

great ideas...congrats on your 200th post!

scrappydee said...

Juust love the dishware - and your music. thanks for sharing.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl I love that you think outside the box like you did...made some great cloche's at the same time...great post...Good luck with your show..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lou Cinda said...

These are beautiful and I LOVE the salt and pepper shakers that you have inside them! It just looks so good!!

Have a great weekend!

Lou Cinda :)

Melissa Miller said...

~Gorgeous cloches and blog! :)

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

How creative and clever you are!!...love all of them!!
Have a great day!

Maryjane - The Beehive Cottage said...

Beautiful display of cloches!

Hugs!
Maryjane

movingonlady said...

Congratulations on your 200 th post. I'm still working on my 100th.
I love the old white stan with the bird in it.

Kim said...

I love that you have made most of your own cloches. I really like the first one. It was the 2nd one I've seen made out of the down spout cover. I need to make me one. Just need to find one.

Brenda said...

You're not alone! Don't you hate that when something gets underlined or something equally devastating and you can't figure out how to stop it! I do it all the time. Your displays are lovely, as are your talents in creativity!
Brenda

Jodie LeJeune said...

Wow Pam, I'm going to miss you. Take a much needed break & enjoy your Antique weekend. You've been so busy with graduation and life in general, now you need to see about Pam. One thing I realized when I took a week offline...it wasn't long enough. Take all the time you need and enjoy it. We will all be here when you get back!!! (but don't forget to let me know how your booth faired!)
Love ya!!!!
everything vintage
ps...who the heck could forget about you??? ;)

stephanie said...

Pam..Congratulations on your 200th post!

Bellamere Cottage said...

Oh how I love all your clever ideas. Who would have thought??? A downspout!!! Now, that is truly a creative wiz! Good for you.

I'll see you when you return!

Blessings,
Spencer

Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility said...

Your cloches are adorable!

Candy-Faith..... from Simply Pretty said...

pretty!

its so very cheri said...

I love these and have to find some
Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogspot.com

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed seeing all your creations!

Katherine

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I have one of those wire things you put over your downspout. I'll have to find it. You are a gal after my own heart. If you don't already have it, you create it.

its so very cheri said...

OK now you've inspired me to start looking at things I could make in a cloche.
Cheri