Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Trying To Stay Away

I am missing all of you. Tonight the light before the storm was so poetic I could not stay away. Do you sometimes wish you could tell your children what is inside of you while they are actually listening? I know that my kids look at me as Mom, the lame one who is always worrying but really hasn't many deep thoughts. Or perhaps not. That is often how I envisioned my own Mother, I hope my children are a bit more intuitive than I was.So, it is getting ready to storm. I always watch the currents of air in the tree tops and imagine that we are at the bottom of a sea full of air. The currents pull the treetops this way and that, in a dance so awe inspiring it makes me think perhaps God placed us here just to be witness to the beauty of his creation. The textures and sounds and feel are so overwhelming that they can dwarf the tiny individual and make us long to share this exuberance with the world.
I hope my children someday realize that I have ideas that are not just "Mom" thoughts. I love them with the most enduring and enveloping love a person can feel. I also love the world around me in an enveloping and custodial way. As if I am parenting it as well. I want to share this feeling with my children, friends, and loved ones and I consider you part of my life. Thanks for the kindness, I know that you are all involved in this mass of human emotion that we share.


Hopefully one day my children will read these words and understand that we are on a continuum of life. I hope they see that I am still their age at heart as well as seeing that I am my mothers age at one point in her life. Do they know they will always be 20 years old regardless of their physical age? I only hope you will all be forever young.

Love and joy to you all, P.

P.S. So sad about Farah and Michael. God bless and keep them both.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Berlin Deluxxe said...

You have me in tears... Beautiful post Pam. I am at loss of words.

marty39 said...

Such a touching and thoughtful post. Thanks. Hugs, Marty

Laura said...

Poetic, intuitive and calming...Thanks for sharing your thoughts and photographs...

Marilyn said...

Oh Pam, what a beautiful post... Our children are just like we were. The don't understand until they are mature adults.
My daughter once said that her best teacher ever was me. Wow... I nearly fell over!!
Come on over to my blog as I am having a 3 day quickie give-away!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Jodie LeJeune said...

Wow Pam this was deep to read at almost 9 in the morning! ;)
Beautiful post and beautiful photos as always.
Your yard looks like a Thomas Kincaid oil painting...is he your neighbor??? I was thinking he would look out of his window and get his inspiration from you...
(like we all do)
everything vintage

Sue said...

Pam,
What a truly lovely post...

Thanks for sharing with us!

Lynn said...

That was a beautiful and poetic post!
I remember my grandmother telling me that you get older but you still feel the same. I didn't Get It then. I do now.

Geralyn Gray said...

We blog for so many reasons......there is only so much time in the day, so how we spend our day is so important----and yes this is important. Because our children will have something to read and remember us by. One of the really important reasons why I blog. You look like you have been gardening too....you have a beautiful view (literally) on life---I am so glad I met you!!!!!!!

Sandi said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you
VictorianGypsy