Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, June 8, 2009

Todays Thrifty Treasures

Today I am posting on Susan's Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
as well as participating in Rhoda's Thrifty Treasures party.We have been busy hitting garage sales and estate sales to stock up our spaces for the antique shows this summer. While out hunting we came across this little round table. It was blah brown and had a plastic wood grain top. But it was $5.00! I have been hunting for a bedside table for ages. Being thrifty I did not want to buy retail. So with a bit of sanding...I forgot to take a before picture until I had already started painting...
boring became sweet. Some primer and paint can do wonders! How cute is this?
A five dollar night stand and no more books to trip over in the morning. Now, to distress or leave as is, what do you think?
Next, I found a cute enough rocker. Boring brown again.
Not any more. I love black but I think I am going to sand a bit and rub with a little stain and seal for a hand rubbed look.
Last but not least, I love the 70's. These snowy owls will be showing up on my etsy shop this week. I saw another blogger paint owls white lately but I don't remember who. If it is you let me know so I can give credit where it is due. Who? Hoo. OK enough already!
Check out all the thrifty finds and fab changes from this week and say Hi to Rhoda and Susan for me.

Have a thrifty Monday, P.

P.S. I am approaching 200 posts. Time for a give away, don't you agree? I think I will have to reward one or more of my followers for being sweet enough to sign up. Stay tuned.

Extra P.S. I saw the painted owls at Whisper Wood Cottage . She has lots of wonderful ideas!
Pin It!

36 comments:

PAT said...

Isn't it amazing what paint can do for a table or chair. Both your table and chair look wonderful!!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

fab finds and reburbishings!

susan said...

I LOVE the round table. It looks as if were just made to be a bedside table to me--those little divisions for your books! Great job on the makeover. Have a great week filled with joy!

Kathi said...

Love that little table! Great job fixing it up too!

cityfarmer said...

you are all pver the place, my dear.
Can't wait to go junkin this week!!

Tis the season

Geralyn Gray said...

I can't wait to hear how well you do at the shows this summer---I am excited for Pam and Joe's new advenutre!!!!

Cynthia said...

I say distress the table now, that way you won't be distressed when it eventually gets dings! I like to think of distressing furniture as the one thing I can reliably get done in advance in my life!

marty39 said...

The little white table and the black rocker are both just gorgeous. I am starting to really love all the painted furniture. Love the little owls too. Hugs, Marty

Stacey said...

That little round table is adorable! It's unique!

distracted by shiny objects said...

Found you by way of Sister M&M and as a fellow Buckeye wanted to stop in and say HEY:>)
Very interesting blog and GREAT crafty thingies. I'll be back to learn what's going on around the town:>)

Lisa Shatzer said...

Great transformations!

The Tattered Cottage said...

Ok, I'm hooked on your blog...just became a follower :) Love the redo on the table (I say distress it) and chair!! Great finds!
Toni

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

All of the projects are fabulous! Your owls look great! Amazing what a coat of paint can do!

Amy

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

The redos are fabulous! Great finds! Bravo!

trash talk said...

It's just amazing how a coat or two of paint can change something. Instead of looking like something that would have been in my grandmother's house, those owls look so now! Great job!!! Between you and Amy, I am now looking for a pair to paint.
Debbie

Cathy said...

Wonderful finds!!! I love what you did with everything!!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

I love that darling round table! It would look great left as is or distressed....that's a tough decision. All your projects really came out great! This makes me want to go paint something! :-)
Happy Met Monday! Susan

Joan said...

Oh yes just add paint. Happy Todays thrifty treasures. Great redos. xo Joan

ButterYum said...

Great transformations. I really like the little table... how unique!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

WOW! that little table turned out so cute in white, looks so much better & like real wood now. Love the black rocker too, what great deals you found. Thanks for joining the party.

Sue said...

I totally grew up with that table! It was the best place to play with my hand drawn paper dolls, barbies, etc as it was already divided into 4 rooms or houses. Thanks for bringing back some wonderful memories. Your paint job looks lovely. Enjoy!

Sue

Shelia said...

Your little paint job transformed that little table into a little jewel
! I just love it! The chair turned out lovely too!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Cindy said...

Love the white table! Good eye! I'd like that for a chairside table too!

Things That Inspire said...

I love it how a fresh coat of paint can completely transform an item!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hey Pammy~
I hope you distressed that precious little table by now!!! You have some good finds there...you lucky girl!
Can you believe I'm coming up on my 200th too? Probably in July BUT this month is my one year anniversary....we've come a LONG way baby!!!!!
everything vintage

niartist said...

Those are treasures!! I love the table painting white. Love how paint can transform things. A+++!

texasdaisey said...

Very nicely done on all your projects. I always said there wasn't much that paint couldn't fix.
Debbie

Karen Valentine said...

I just love what paint can do to a tired old piece of furniture!! That table looks fabulous now!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and especially for becoming a follower! I will try not to disappoint!!

XXXKaren
My Desert Cottage

janet said...

fantastic makeovers, as for distressing the table, not sure what to tell you. I just painted a cabinet and was planning on distressing the piece but didnt have the courage for fear i would ruin all that painting i did...lol
hugs
janet

Joy said...

I love that table you painted white. Very cute. I like the owls too, great finds.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love the white table! I'd leave it as is. No distress. Great find, Pam! ~Mindy

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Oh my gosh! They all look great! I especially love your table! Spray paint is one of man's greatest creations. ;)
*tricia

Candy said...

Love the detail on the table, what a find. Amazing what a little paint can do. Not sure which way to go on the finish. Either way is going to be great. Also like what your doing with the rocker.

Adrienne said...

table is adorable! i say yes, sand it a little around the edges.

Sonya-Dime Store Thrift said...

That little table! Those owls! I am so drooling!!

Marie said...

Love all your great treasures! Especially that little table - fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com