Just when I thought the blog world couldn't be any nicer, my favorite blogger (don't tell the other's ;-) Debbie awarded me with this little lady bug . Sweet Debbie has been a BBF since my blog's beginning. Although we have never met we have shared life's ups and downs for almost a year now. She is such a joyful soul and can be counted on for a sunny outlook regardless of any hardship. She has had some trying times in the last year but things are coming up roses for her and daughter Jenn and baby Bella, thank God. Thanks Deb. You are the best. A new blog buddy who keeps me in stitches also tagged me for an award. Lynn is one Hil- Ar-EEE- ous girl. She has such a wonderfully child like (naughty kid in the class) sense of humor that dictates many of her posts. (Ummm private joke, tee hee) You must read her post about words that make her laugh. Or the pink douche bag or...well you just have to read them all.
So, Debbie would like me to name 10 other deserving blogs. I am going to name 10 of my newest reads. They may not be new to you but I am sure they will make you smile.
Plus, according to Lynn I must tell 5 things I don't like and then pass this award on to others. (Is it cheating to say "See above blogs?" Well, I will add 5 more at the end.
Ugh, five things I don't like. There isn't much that I find terribly irritating so I have to give this some thought.
1. Reality T.V. I would rather be doing anything else than watching this (except maybe sports on T.V.). I know some of you are big fans but I even include Idol and Dancing with the Stars in this. Actually anything to do with "the stars" besides performing gets on my nerves.
2. That leads me to my second dislike. "Stars" giving their opinion as if it means something more than the average American's opinion. Shut up, you are performers not scholars. Because you are on T.V. or in a movie doesn't qualify you as an expert on politics or the economy (especially the economy as you live in lala land). Your opinion is as important, but no more, than my next door neighbors'.
3. Pet fur. I am an animal lover and the owner of 2 dogs and 4 cats, but the fur! Yikes. I live with a Swiffer and a lint roller in each hand while pushing a vacuum with my feet.
4. I do lots of antique show and vintage fair shopping. I hate when a vendor doesn't price their items. Hubs knows if I approach an item for sale and there is no price marked I will walk away, no matter how much I like it.
5. I dislike, dislike. I wish I could be happy with every thing and every one all the time. I suppose that would make me a moron though. Plus, a girl's gotta have something to complain about.
Now on to my list. These bloggers are recently discovered delights, but you know you are all my faves, right Debbie? So don't tell the others.
1.Na Da Farm Life with Ann Marie
2.White Spray Paint
3. The Frugal Sisters
4. Dime Store Thrift
5. Enchanted Revelry
6. The French Cupboard
7. Dream in Cream
8. 50's Times
9. Our Victorian Cottage
10. Shiny Little Things
11. From House to Home
12. The Lettered Cottage
13. Whisper Wood Cottage
14. Funky Junk Interiors
15. Ask Sister Mary Martha
These are not new blogs, mind you. Just some I haven't visited until the last few months or so because I was clueless as to their existence. So thanks for sharing joy and sorrow, teaching something new, taking me on your junking adventures and showing me what can be done with that junk and just being a great place to visit. Grab the badges and go for it. If you want to go by the rules do so, but if you are busy by all means do not feel obligated. Just keep writing what you write and know you are bringing delight to others.
Have a Serene Sunday, P.
I had to add a P.S. I really dislike commercials about things I really don't want to hear about. Like personal hygiene products, lubricants or things to make gramps happy in the sack again. Listen to the side effects guys. Is it really worth risking your life? If it is, I really think it should remain between you and your doctor.
1 hour ago