Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Kick Off

Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day. The official summer kick off! We celebrated my Mom's 80th birthday at my brother's house. Grilling, laughing, reminiscing...all the things you do as a family to celebrate a milestone. Luckily my mom neither looks or acts her age. I hope to be like that on my 80th. Her own mother lived to 94 and was as sharp in her 90's as in her younger years. Happy birthday mom, many more to come!The boys partook in a bit of old fashioned summer fun, tree climbing...
and rope swinging...of course my brother had to join in with his son's urging.
How many times can this swing spin before someone is too dizzy to walk? A wonderful time was had. Welcome summer!
We have a busy week coming up, baccalaureate on Wednesday and graduation Friday (can't believe it) then an antiques show Sunday. We are setting up at the Tri State Antique Market in Lawrenceburg Indiana plus I hope to list a few vintage items on Etsy. I have LOTS to do... so I am taking a bit of time off from blogging. I wish I could say I was sailing through the week on a rope swing but I think it will be more of a roller coaster.
So if I don't comment I will still lurk when I have a moment. I would never forget you.
I do have to share yesterday's find. I have been hunting for a family room coffee table, as I borrowed the one I had for another room. I was at Good Will yesterday morning (50% off everything with coupon, yeah!) and bought this table for $10.00! It has a rather lame cardboard clock face under the glass which I will either redo or remove altogether, but the iron and glass work for me.
So I scattered my book finds from the previous post to cover the clock and I really love it. Round is good in this long rectangular room and glass isn't visually heavy. I can't wait to play with it a bit more. I better not right now, I have more pressing matters to attend to. Enjoy your week!

Have a Tuesday full of summer fun, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

How fun is that to climb a tree and swing on a rope swing? Oh...to be young again. Love the table!

delighted heart said...

I'm liking the clock face from the photo! And your Good Will has discount coupons? Sweet! Thanks for the comments!
Bless ya!
patti

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

I want to climb that tree!!!! what a perfect climbing tree!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Hi Pam! I'm glad you got to enjoy some family time. And, I'm with you. Ick on the clock. Thumbs up on the lines of the table. Great deal! Enjoy your time away. ~Mindy

Jodie LeJeune said...

Setting up at the Antique show? What? I had NO idea! Yay for you!
Hey...I love that table...even with the clock face. It's timeless!

Please take lots of pictures and when you take some time off of your "break"...catch us up!!!!

Have Fun!!!!!
everything vintage

trash talk said...

Girl, you are going to meet yourself either coming or going!
A show right after grad...Really?
I like the clock face...how about if you distressed it? It makes a nice backdrop for your books. Kind of like "take time to read".
Debbie