Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Please Stay Forever Young

My girl graduated last night!She was lovely in her white gown and chucks.
Proud grandma and eager grad.
Sharing laughs with her cousin Jake.
Nervous glances into the crowd.
Awards and commendations.
When it is over, time to share joy with a life long friend.
Though these girls are going in many directions they will always have this connection.

I hope where ever life takes these young women they will always remember to stay forever young. My prayer is that they keep the spirit that is in their hearts today and do not let the flame of youth fade. Keep your faith strong and your aspiration high girls. Life has great gifts in store for you along with some sorrow. With faithful and loving hearts the joy will far outweigh any pain. Remember one another and the fun you shared together, and look back fondly on this time of your life.
We are proud of you Sadie.

Have a Saturday full of happy memories, P.
Pin It!

10 comments:

Marilyn said...

I wish her all the Satisfaction & Happiness in the World. She is such a Beautiful Young Woman!!
Good Luck!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Geralyn Gray said...

I hope she does stay forever young---I know she always will be in your heart. Congratulations to your daughter and to you mom and dad!

dragonflydreamer said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Congratulations to her and to you and your husband! Oh, The Places She'll Go! Wishing her the best life has to offer and all her dreams come true.

Laura said...

Your daughter is lovely and what a momentous day.
One minute you are smiling and the next you are crying, right?

Wonderful-

Laura

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh Pam...you've got to be one proud Momma! Congrats to you all...life has just begun!!!!!!!
:)
everything vintage

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

congrats to your daughter and best wishes for her future!

trash talk said...

I'm thinking back a long time ago, when a young girl graduated in 1969. How scared I was and how excited at the same time. I cried because I didn't want to leave high school and yet I couldn't wait to be an "adult"! There will never be another time like this in her or your life! Y'all have done a wonderful job and she is just amazing and looks quite a lot like someone I know! Why wouldn't she stay forever young...just look at you!
Debbie

Le Core Femme said...

You have One Lovely Blog!

Your blog makes me happy so I am passing this award along to you.

Please visit the address below to pick up your award.
http://lecorefemme.blogspot.com/2009/05/lovely-award.html

And thank you so much for sharing with us.

Have a great day!
Tonya

Jodie LeJeune said...

I'm just checking in AGAIN...I'm still sooo happy for you.

Sadie is toooooo beautiful!

I love the title you picked for this post...it's so totally fitting!

So how much tissue have you used this week? I knew I should have bought stock in Puffs Plus~

everything vintage

Sandi said...

Oh, don't they just grow up so quickly. But just wait, you'll have lots of proud moments ahead of you too.
VictorianGypsy