Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Have Been Changed For Good

See what I mean about telling you I am taking a break? Obsessive posting results! Last night we attended Sadie's Baccalaureate Mass at St. Peter in Chains Cathedral. This, to me, is the true graduation ceremony, although Mercy's graduation will take place Friday evening.
I am overcome with emotion this week as most parents are when a child reaches a milestone.
Ack, I am not ready to let go of my baby girl! But of course I will send her on her way, that is a parent's job. So we attended Mass and the girls said good bye to their childhood. They sang "For Good" from Wicked as their senior song to one another. So beautiful.I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
Oh my. Do you think their were some tears happening in this beautiful place?
Such an appropriate song for the girl's to choose.
It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good.
If I made it through this, graduation will be a breeze. Bless all you Mom's who are experiencing graduation or one of the many milestones that mark a new era in your children's lives. I feel ya girl's.
Have a fun filled Thursday, P.
P.S. Peace out!
Pin It!

13 comments:

Jodie LeJeune said...

Like I said previously and I agree with you...you DO have a problem!

Now to Sadie...
This was beautiful! I'm sure she's more happy than you that it's over (for now). I'm sure she wanted to be out of that skirt!

Hang in there Mom...almost done!

everything vintage

Geralyn Gray said...

Oh Pam........you are making me feel every moment!!!!!!That looked like a beautiful ceremony....and the song-----what a tear jerker....my daughter is still mad at me because I went to see Wicked without her.....after hearing that song the pangs of guilt are still with me.....Remember---don't cry because it is over----smile because it happened!!!! Dr Suess Enjoy and soak in (and ok get emotional )every moment

Marilyn said...

Oh My, Our daughter graduated in 1989 & I will always remember the tears I shed. At one time I was looking over at my Hubby & his eyes were wet too!!
This is something you will always remember with a mixture of pride & sorrow. Ya' just don't want to let go..... :(
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

delighted heart said...

Aahhh! Bless your heart! How'd you ever make it through that song! I'm a wet heap looking for those pink kleenex again! All I can say is don't look back...for at least 6 months. Look forward to the fun times you'll have with her through her college years and beyond. The short times I have with my daughter now (she lives in LA) are really sweet and we're like best friends...something we weren't in high school! Praying you enjoy the next few days...and get some kleenex...don't leave home with out them!
Blessings!
Patti

thedomesticfringe said...

Congrats to your daughter. The pictures were beautiful as were the girls. What a great time of life!

-FringeGirl

trash talk said...

You'll never that song from now on without the memories instantly returning. I cannot get through "The Dance" without bawling!
It says a lot for her class that they chose a Broadway show tune...not that class with a capital K.
Patti is so right...you can now look forward to being best friends with Sadie and believe me, it is wonderful!
Everything looked beautiful...love the white cap and gowns. Oh, and the church...Oh My!
Now go blow your nose and get ready for the big meltdown and the party!
Debbie

trash talk said...

Cr-a-a-p! Never leave a comment when you can't see through tears. Editor's note:
The first line should read...You'll never HEAR that song...
3rd line should read NOW that IS class...
Please reread my comment and I think it will make more sense.
I am a dolt!
Debbie

Lynn said...

How's THIS? My granddaughter is graduating from high school.
I must be older than dirt.
My SS# is 000-00-0001

Laura said...

Thank you for your beautiful post...congratulations to your daughter and to you....job well done Mom! Take care, Laura

Lynn said...

tapdancer@frontiernet.net

Now, lets hear the joke!!!!
8-)

cityfarmer said...

now this sounds extra special ... gotta love those graduates ... you should be so proud

bella shabby said...

Hi Pam , What a beautiful girl ! Where did the time go , huh? I know you're cherishing every moment. Sue

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

So sorry you haven't been able to get on my blog. I've missed hearing from you. What a beatiful tribute to your daughter.