Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Pink and Green Dream

If a dream is a wish your heart makes mine must be wishing for pink and green. Gypsy Mermaids Pink and Green Swap that is.I received a dream of a swap box from my partner Tonya of Lecore Femme.
Lovely little packages waiting to be unwrapped, with the cutest tags hinting at what might be waiting inside.
What could this one contain?
A fabulous "Atomic Housewife" Apron made just for me! I absolutely am nuts over this fabric.
A tulle wrapped treasure of a journal, with prompts...I have been wanting one for a while, so I do not have to agonize over what to write. I usually end up writing nothing. This is perfect.
Lovely VERA vintage napkins...the tag said "Your blog told me that you liked these!." How thoughtful.
The pile is growing. A sweet tag to use as a bookmark for my journal.
OHHH and a cigar box sweetly collaged...I wonder what could be inside?
Are you kidding me? It is filled with all the little bits that us artsy crafty mixed media girls LUUUURVE!
Chipboard letters and stickers and scraps and seam binding and beads and buttons and vintage greeting cards....
a pink and green hankie and vintage wrapping paper and ribbons...
and millinery flowers and pages of music. What a sweet box of treasures. You know some of this is heading to Omaha this November. If I can stand not to use it all before hand.
Thanks Tonya! Girl, you are too much. I think we really "get" each other. Great swap, great partner, this is what blogging fun is all about.

Have a Thoroughly Lovely Thursday, P.

P.S. DO NOT FORGET, RAFFLE TICKETS FOR BELLA'S FUNDRAISER GO ON SALE TOMORROW, MAY 1ST ! Click the Junk Sista's badge on my sidebar to purchase tickets.
Pin It!

8 comments:

trash talk said...

I adore the Vera napkins...so midcentury fab. I think I'll have to find one of those prompt journals since things aren't clicking upstairs like they used to! Great treats for the sweet.
Debbie

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a terrific haul! you made out like the proverbial bandit.

isn't it fun to receive cool stuff in the mail?!

Geralyn Gray said...

I loved the box that you sent your partner......ohhh you really did get some pink and green goodness AND an apron. You are going to be a pink and green silver bella queen!

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Dreams do come true, even in technicolor! Such fun loot, I can't wait to see what you create :)

Jodie LeJeune said...

Deliciously pink and green! Yummy stuff! Now you have lots more to play with!!!!! Lucky girl!
everything vintage

Quirkyloon said...

I learn so much when I come here and see all the bee-yoo-tee-ful thangs!

Um, no not thangs ... trinkets... memorabilia...ack!

What is the proper term, my dear?

Oh and Pam? I found something that belongs and yet does NOT belong to you at my blog.

(It belongs in meaning, but it lacks the Frippery touch aesthetically!)

heh heh

desiree said...

WOW! All of that looks terrific. I'm kinda obsessed with aprons right now. Not sure why, but I'm loving them!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Wow i love the cigar box lot hehe
would be my dream too lol