Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Am So Hooked On This Banner

Another Hooked on Fridays post, thanks to Julia for hosting this party ( and please visit the Inspired Room for her Beautiful Life post as well, she has a wonderful give away).
So I am sitting down last night to pre-order issues of Sew Somerset and Art Quilting Studio from Somerset Publications and thinking how much I am craving a bit of fabric art. I have been dreaming of learning new techniques to use fabric in my mixed media art. A seamstress I am not, but I needed some inspiration to put my sewing machine to use. Now I know I posted about how I was hooked on bloggers and one of those bloggers is my Silver Bella BBF Jodie leJeune of Everything Vintage. Well y'all (Jodie speak) won't believe what was in my mailbox today! That sweet as sugar Louisiana girl sent me a birthday gift. Not just any gift but a fabulous hand made, quilted, personalized mixed media banner. My favorite colors, favorite song and favorite family(mine).
Jodie is absolutely too much! Can you believe this piece of art she created just for me? I have to show you each little detail. I am so hooked!
My son...
My song "Forever Young"...
Me and my hubby. I think this was at the bar at the Embassy Suites in Omaha last year during Silver Bella. (Please disregard the double chin...I've had some work done since then...har har...snort....I crack myself up.)
The other part of my song...
My daughter Sadie...
And all this delicious detail, my kid's first initials used in clever ways and little snips and bits that suit each of us. Plus, red and yellow and black and white and touches of blue, all the colors I love in my home.
So you can see why I love blogging and art and Silver Bella because that is how Jodie and I became friends, and over the distance from Ohio to Louisiana I send her my admiration for her talent and my love for her as my friend. Thanks so much Jodie, I am hooked on you.
BTW, Jodie also has an etsy shop for anyone who would love to own a little Jodie art for yourself.
If you are going to Silver Bella this year we are going again too! Hooray, Yippee, Woo hoo!

Have a weekend filled with friends and creativity, P.
Pin It!

17 comments:

The French Bear said...

I love the banner, I made one for my grandchildren that was for their birthdays, but nothing like this one!!! Wow, it has everything, I just love it, lucky you!!! I could sew for you and you could do the artistic part for me!!! I am just learning to use other things besides the sewing machine and it is fantastic. The Somerset magazines are truly works of art themselves. They inspire me every time I look at them!
Margaret B

Jodie LeJeune said...

Happy Birthday Sweets!

I'm so happy you love the banner. Or shall I say that I am happy you are "hooked" on the banner ;)

Thank you for your kind words as I love you just as much if not more!

everything vintage

Geralyn Gray said...

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! How nice is that-----Jodie you are the best-------I am so glad you gave some of your talented goodness to someone as sweet as Pam........Happy Birthday----it is Saturday---isn't it???????????

trash talk said...

I think that is the loveliest gesture of friendship I have ever seen! What a dear person Jodie is to put so much love and thought into a gift. And such a gift from the heart. You are one blessed and favored woman...did you know that?
A beautiful gift from a beautiful woman to her beautiful friend.
Debbie

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Buon Compleanno!
That makes 2 of us :)

BlackCrow said...

Happy Belated birthday wishes from down under!!! Thank you Pam for the lovely blue bird fantasy egg! It finally arrived this week and the weather cleared up a little to allow me to take some photo's of it in the garden. They are now on my website for your approval!!
It loos very sweet sitting in amongst the flowers!

Thank you again!!

cheerio
littleknittingcrow.blogspot.com
grace

abeachcottage said...

great banner, I love that idea, it really is a good way to bring it all together, great inspiration!

happy weekend

Sarah
ABeachCottage

Teresa said...

Fun...I've been wanting to do something like that-
thanks- Love yours.

Miss Sandy said...

Fantastic banner! What a special gift. I would so love to go to Silver Bella! Thank you for sharing your friend , Jodi, with us today!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a fabulous gift!

I recently got involved in a banner swap on A Year of Color but it was nothing like yours!

Lucky you!

Carisa said...

Wow, that banner is great! I've made a couple of banners for my kiddo and now I have some more ideas. Lucky you!
Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com

The Stylish House said...

Hi,
This my first visit to your site so I wanted to say hello. What a neat banner, and the care and detail put into it! I laughed when you mentioned chiny, chin, chin a friend of mine yesterday said she was pondering either vacation or surgery…I told her vacation baby! I have been blogging a couple months so still sorting everything out, but having fun. Enjoyed your blog.
~Cathy~

princess said...

Fabulous!!!


PPPP

Jodie LeJeune said...

It's me again...

Oh heck, Debbie (Mrs. TT) is making me blush! I think that's the sweetest, un-trashy-est thing she's ever said!
Thank you Debbie!

Thank you ALL for your sweet comments on the banner!

And indeed Pam, you are a Sweetie!
Happy Birthday today!!!! I hope you are having a blast!

everything vintage

Kara Ward said...

This is just so lovely...the detail is amazing. Kara

Stephenie said...

Jodie did an amazing job on that banner.. I just love it so much...It looks so pretty hanging on your mantel...Happy Birthday...
STephenie

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

What a wonderful banner! This is the kind of treasure that will become a family heirloom. I've never graduated past the glue gun. I've always envied those who could sew like this.
Happy belated Birthday!

Sweet wishes,
Sara