Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, April 20, 2009

How About a Make Over (fun with Photo Booth)

In the interest of self assessment I find that a mirror is not always the best tool. I have decided that the Photo Booth on my Mac can give a much better picture of reality, and remember, being real is a goal for this year. Since my birthday is in April I use it as a kind of new beginning, or "Do Over" of my New Years resolutions since I have probably slacked on most of them by this point in the year.
One of those goals is to get in shape to participate in a fun run with my son. (it really began as his idea, a way to get hubby and I to stay healthy for the next half of our lives;) That is one of the Participate areas I am working on.
Now for the REAL part (you may want any pets or small children to leave the room) I am posting a photo of myself au naturale . Um, MY FACE silly, sans make up, no blow dryer, the true way to assess just what is going on as years pass and to decide on any future changes. My decision is... thank God for make up. But what if we could walk round with Photo Booth altered faces instead! Example: The Real Me... Yikes! Now the pencil sketch me. Those lines just sketch away the imperfections. Hand me that eraser.
OK, Make up does help a bit, but...
How much fun would it be to morph your head like the Skittles commercials. Talk about a sinus problem!
Oh I think I got one of the sour skittles.
Maybe a bit more color would help. Hmmm, pink and green or red and yellow today?
Now this effect really does erase all those pesky lines and gray hair.
I am loving the pulp comic look. I need a conversation bubble. "Darling. I could never leave you for Stormy Waters."
My particular favorite is the X Ray. This would be a good one for hiding behind the porch rail on Halloween and jumping out at unsuspecting children. BOO! I am getting a mean streak in my old age.
Anyhoo, I have decided after self assessing that maybe a darker hair color and a trip to Sephora are in order. So much for being real. There is a limit you know. Speaking of limits...

"We are controlling transmission... We will control the horizontal, we will control the vertical"...I know I am old but does anyone else recognize where this quote came from?

Have a wacky Monday, P. (And P.S. NO I haven't really gone senile yet, I just love to play with Photo Booth, does that count as creativity? Tee hee. 8-)
Pin It!

24 comments:

The French Bear said...

What a great way to play on a Monday, you are brave, mine makes me look like tales from the crypt, and that's the before picture too!!!!
Margaret B

marty39 said...

How fun and I think you look lovely in all of them. I am afraid of the camera at any angle. lol I need way too much touch up. Fun project. Hugs, Marty

Marilyn said...

Reminds me of a whole "bunch-a-things".... Twilight Zone & Outer Limits & Andy Warhol !?!?!?!?
This is one good thing about getting older..... Like Sophia on the Golden Girls people just overlook "our" little kinks & foilbles!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Berlin Deluxxe said...

You're too cute :) I love your haircolor as is, are you really going to change it?

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

terrific post ... my first blog read of the day, and it's set a high bench mark for those to come! LOL

trash talk said...

Girl, you are my new super heroine! It will be a cold day in Hades before you catch me without makeup...I'm from Dallas, Texas, remember?
How come I look OLD w/o makeup and you look younger, huh?
It just ain't fair...looks and talent!
Debbie

Geralyn Gray said...

That was fun for me---it looked like you were having fun!!!!! I like the au naturale picture the best!

Jodie LeJeune said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!
AND BRAVE...
AND BEAUTIFUL...
AND TOTALLY CRAZY!
But I like you the way you are...what is there to change????

Continue on with your wacky Monday...this was fun!

everything vintage

idrawpix said...

Oh my!!! What fun! I have a beloved image/photo program but I haven't tried the photobooth idea on myself {lots of other people, tho - LOL}

Outer Limits!! Haven't thought about that television show in a loooong time.

Karen

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

My photos I take with photo booth look horrible! You look great...even without makeup!

trash talk said...

I have an award for you to pick up.
Debbie

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

That photo booth is crazy! What fun! You are a doll! ~Mindy

vivian said...

looks like you were having a good time with the funny pictures! i like the sour skittles and the halloween ones the best!
enjoy your week!
hugs
vivian

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Too fun!!!

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Thanks for stopping by today! Great pictures. Yes, they count as creativity! I love that one of the "pencil sketch lines." Very cool.

Shannon

Stephenie said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm cracking up laughing..I surely wasn't expecting that...How funny...Hope you have a wonderful week..
STephenie

delighted heart said...

The first on is you without make up? No way!!! You look way too good to be sans make up! And I like your hair color...of course I'm partial to blonds or bleached as in my case!

Deb a.k.a.The Invisible Blogger.... said...

Ahhhh, one of my favorite shows growing uo "The Outer Limits"...loved it!

Kudo's to you my dear, you look great, and are a much braver woman than me. If I were to post my face (not going to happen) you would first need a bigger screen, and the resulting blindness caused by anyone foolish enough to look would cause world panic.

I have a Mac and haven't played with photo-booth yet.

LMH said...

Hi- This was my first time on your blog, and I picked a great time to visit. This appearance thing: the makeup, getting in shape, etc. is making me crazy because I don't want to do any of it. After 32 years of teaching and wearing makeup everyday I am rebelling. I just don't want to do it most days.
That is probabably not a good thing. Yikes!

Laura
whitespraypaint.blogspot.com

Jen Kershner said...

You dear sweet brave beautiful woman! That was fun. I'm thinking I will skip doing it on my blog but I applaud you!!! Jen

Deb a.k.a.The Invisible Blogger.... said...

I am glad you liked Mouie...I have been on a mouse making binge. i like dressing them up.

Yeah I remember Outer Limits. They control the Horizontal, they contrl the vertical, they control the far reaches of the inner mind to "The Outer Limits". I watched some of the "new" versions but they are not as good as the oldies.

thedomesticfringe said...

Fun!!! I know someone who looks just like your pict after the sour skittle...really.

You look good without makeup.

-FringeGirl

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I had some catching up to do and it was fun.
I use to wear makeup, but now it takes Spackle! You looked great with or without makeup. I like your hair color. As a curly haired brunette, I'm pretty much stuck. I do soft highlights for summer. Nothing drastic. I learned my lesson... when my son came home from college for a visit. When he stepped off the train to an almost blonde mother. He took one look at me and said" Who are you?" "you are NOT my mother!" In my defense I was just learning the process of tint and dye...literally!

Sweet wishes,
Sara

Magnolia Memories08 Seeing With The Heart said...

This is the cutest..You are just a doll with your hair like it is. But I am
always changing mine.It gives my life a whole new outlook and it always give the clients that I call on something intersting to talk about..Have a great day.
Vikki