Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Joe and I found a new (to us) antique mall. Actually Joe discovered it when visiting a customer for work. So we went to check it out last Friday. We came home with quite a bit of vintage goodness.A platter in all my favorite spring colors. So what if there is a little chip...$3.00!
A pile of sweet old treasures.
Tiny jello molds for which I have a definite need. (I'll show you later)
Old bling waiting to be made into new pretties.
A beautiful Easter postcard.
The picture on this card is a scene through a screen door. Sweet.
Old serving bowl in some of my favorite colors.
Two old childrens books, an addiction. The top one is in bad shape and all but two of the colored plates have been lost but...
this is one that was left. OMG Fabulous!
The other book is chock full of these incredible nature illustrations.
I haven't had a chance to sit down and peruse the entire book but I will share more in a later post. The detail is awesome.
My hubs found a box for his watch collection and an old ice cube tray. He loves these and as we have no ice maker in our retro basement fridge he thinks these will be cool. (pun intended) I agree. We got all of these treats for a pretty good price. Of course since Hubs has a nickname which a few of you know, you will be glad to see that he got a few things of his own.

Who knows that nickname? Come on girls, I know you know what I'm talking about. Jodie? Sandy? Geralyn?

Have a treasure filled Thursday, P.
Pin It!

11 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

You know I knew Joe liked to shop retro with you....ooh that sounds good---Retro Joe---but, I can't remember a nickname.....I know he collects Radko......Radko Joe.......ok 3 strikes I am out....I love what you found.......I am going through my work space today---ugh---I might be brave and share pictures later.

Jodie LeJeune said...

MR. RECEIPTS!!!!!!!
Oh I will NEVER forget that nick-name of his!!!!!!

Geralyn was mighty close with her names beginning with "R" but Joe is...(and forever marked in my mind) as...
MR. RECEIPTS!!!!!!!

Awesome vintage goodness girly-you did good! Well, YA'LL did good! :)
everything vintage

Marilyn said...

What great treasures you found. I think my fav is the jello molds. My Grand Mother had some just like em'!
Have a great day!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what terrific treasures - and at such a good price!

I still use those little tin molds to make Victorian Creme - which was printed in Gourmet Magazine about 20 years ago.

I can't believe your husband wants to use those ice cube trays - LOL - they were always so damned IRRITATING to use! LOL

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

What nice finds!

thedomesticfringe said...

Looks like you found some great treasures. Enjoy them!

-FringeGirl

Jodie LeJeune said...

Okay I'm BACK to look at your beautiful blog header...I love it!
The letters are such a pretty font but most of all I love the lips! It's SO you!
love it love it love it!

Marie Reed said...

Mr. Receipts certainly found some great loot too! I love his watch box! I recently put my watch through the washing machine. Eeek! I need a seperate box too!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Seriously? Two books on addiction for children? Huh? Great stuff, Pam! ~Mindy

cityfarmer said...

oh, those molds!!!!
gotta love em!

dragonflydreamer said...

Wow, I loved all of the eye candy and it's so wonderful that through someone else's eyes we are able to see and learn about people, places and things we may never have been able to without their lovely blogs. The vintage icecube tray brought back memories of my Grandmother's fridge. Is it the kind that has a lever you pull and it releases all of the individual cubes? Brings back happy memories. I really love, love, love your banner.