Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, March 2, 2009

A Taste of Spring



A little bit of Spring for you from the Cincinnati Home and Garden Show. We go every year to be refreshed by the fabulous garden installations.I will post some pictures of all the beautiful gardens this week. Can't you just breath in the scent of these hyacinths?
I am longing for a bit of warmth, I even miss humidity!
I was told by this gardener to bury some nails near my hydrangeas to get more blue.
Tulips are a riot of colorful blooms.
My favorite harbinger of spring, the forsythia. They are the color of sunshine.
Hope you enjoyed this touch of spring. It is in the low 20's here in Cincinnati. What is the weather like where you live?
Have a Monday full of warmth, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

boylerpf said...

I am so envious looking at those pics! I wish spring were here already just to smell the flowers.

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

oh - I am so longing for the cala lilies and tulips to start showing themselves!

But, as we received 11" of snow last night, I don't think it's going to be soon.

Lovely photos - look forward to more!

Jodie LeJeune said...

How delightful to spend the day surrounded by beautiful flowers...aahhh the life!

Last weekend we were in shorts, mid 70's. Tonight will be 32 but this weekend will be in the 80's! hot, cold, hot, cold, hot...
I'm not sure if Louisiana EVER has a Spring season so I will just envy ya'lls pictures and dream...
Jodie
everything vintage

delighted heart said...

Thanks for the pics of Spring! Here in NE Texas we have a little spring blooming. The daffodills are blooming...well not at my house I forgot to plant some last fall but they are around town!

cityfarmer said...

as I sit here in woolen socks and fleece ... I have never been more ready...

thanks for the sneak peek.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I was happy to see some daffodils making their way in our yard, but now they are just soft yellow icicles :(
Thanks for posting such pretty summery pics!
Please feel free to enter my giveaway♥

thedomesticfringe said...

These flowers are lovely. Thanks for sharing them. We're burried under a foot of snow.

-FringeGirl

vintagepaletteart said...

Just gorgeous!!! I can smell the flowers just looking at your pics! I wish I could have talked to that gardener about my hydrangea............it just won't bloom!

Thank you for sharing that taste of spring with us!