Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday (Sort of)


Southern Daydreamer is hosting another Outdoor Wednesday and she has gotten snow! In Georgia!
I hope this post can be counted as an Outdoor Wednesday post. These gardens are after all meant to be outdoors, it's just that right now it is in the 20's here. I doubt they would thrive. So I am sharing some springtime indoors, Cincinnati style. (I am posting a few gratuitous outdoor pics of my beautiful City on a beautiful late winter Saturday) Don't forget to double click on the photos to get the full effect of the gardens.We so needed a touch of spring this weekend so we bundled up and went downtown for the Cincinnati Home and Garden Show.
A crisp but sunny day, perfect for dreaming about the gardening weather soon to come.
The facade of our Convention Center is from the old Albee Theater that was torn down to renovate the center of town. (The theater is post worthy, memo to me)
Now on to the (indoor but should be outdoor) gardens. The landscaping companies have some fabulous installations. The scents and sights are gorgeous.
I have a list of plants I want to try out this year including this fothergilla. What pretty white blooms.
Of course Hyacinth and Daffodils just shout Spring is here.
Weeping Crabapple blossoms.
This was a wild display. A round paved area surrounded by a spiral wall. Grass is growing on top of the wall and the seating area faces a water feature. More fantasy than reality but wouldn't this be awesome?
This is looking from the seating area as the wall spirals to ground level.
Copper tubing through stones serves as a fountain.
Tulips and flowering trees, can't wait.
Eye candy for gardeners.
I have so many pictures that I am saving the enchanting water features for another post. Hope you enjoyed this stroll among the gardens. (Hope I didn't cheat)

Have a warm and sunny Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

14 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

Since I am spring cleaning today and still in my pjs it was so nice to get a breath of fresh air! Thanks Pam!!!

Chandy said...

Gorgeous pictures! Thanks for sharing... I love the copper tubing fountain. Have a great Wednesday!

Susan said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Pam! Gorgeous garden! Love the fothergilla and the weeping crabapple blossoms!!! Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

What a beautiful city and what beautiful flowers. Lovely fountain. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Posh Adornment said...

Hi, Love your blog and the gorgeous pictures. I'm having trouble with email or I'd have written this through your contact. I have a question. How do you get the snippets under you SWEET INSPIRATION and how do you add them to your blog. I'm fairly new at this and can't figure it out. Thanks .Susan

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

You just made my green thumb itch! Beautiful indoor gardens! Wow. I'm anxious to work my beds now. ~Mindy

Cass said...

I love it that you are proud of your city! Great shots.

And the flower show? Scrumptious!!!

Cass

Jodie LeJeune said...

C-city is on my list of places to visit...it is beautiful! Even in the snow!! You need to keep us posted and let us know what you decided to do for your "studio"! I love that post and I am so excited you are getting a new room! How fun...
Jodie
everything vintage

JudyBug said...

Beautiful pics. I am so ready for Spring and it's starting here!

Judybug

Sue said...

Pam,
Thank you for the beautiful pictures of spring flowers! They are lovely, as is the city of Cincinnati (no matter what Business Week says! LOL)Thanks for introducing me to "fothergilla". I had never heard of it and it is beautiful!

As for the Bengals, my heart is broken that TJ is gone. I am happy for him, but honestly feel that watching them next year is going to be nothing but pain...even more than usual. I truly don't know if I am going to be up for it. TJ has been my MAIN man for 4 years...true love is hard to overcome once it ends!
Maybe if the whole town boycotts, Mikey Brown might finally get his head out of his arse...don't get me started! LOL

trash talk said...

Pam, your photos really lifted my spirit up! I am in love with the weeping crabapple. I don't know if I could grow it in Texas but I'm going to check and see.

It's such a shame you don't love C City. Imagine your photos if you did! lol(my word verification is mackest...just like your photos!)
Debbie

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY...that copper tubing fountain is so simple yet so beautiful...I loved this post..thanks for the taste of the outdoors.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I am such a city girl (with a cottage heart) Thanks for sharing such pretty pics :)

Felicia said...

Beautiful flowers :)