Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

May the luck o' the Irish follow you today.
Friday evening we attended an Irish Cabaret put on by the Elder High School Glee Club and Vocal Ensemble. This event helps to fund their annual trip abroad to sing. This year they are going to Ireland! My dear friend Mary's son Erin is a soloist with this group and she will be going on the trip with him. Thats one lucky Irish girl!
This is handsome Erin, a Junior this year. Time flies.My son attended this all boys high school as well, although he was not in the glee club. Seeing these boys together brought back so many memories of the camaraderie and brotherhood this school fosters in it's students.
What an enjoyable event. Beautiful voices, crazy hats and a lot of laughter.
Erin performing a solo.
Proud dad and son.
"Uncle" Joe, (my hubs), Erin and a friend.
The tear jerker moment. Erin brought his mom, beautiful Mary, on stage and sang Peg O' My Heart to her. 'Yer killin' me kid!
These boys have such a good time. I can't wait 'til next St. Paddy's.

Hope you are enjoying your day.

Have a lucky Tuesday, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

I love it!!!!!!! I get so emotional at chorus concerts....when my children were little and performed I was just so happy to witness these events---now I know it is coming to an end.......I am so glad you go even if your kids don't perform....but,what a treat to see your nephew---i would have lost it----for sure!!!!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!!!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a memorable event for your family!

thanks for sharing

and, of course...

hApPy St.PaTrIcK's DaY!

boylerpf said...

Aww...that was so great that he sang the song to his Mom. I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house! Thanks for sharing & Happy St. Patrick's Day!

trash talk said...

How hard would that be? To sit quietly with your son singing to you and not do the "ugly" cry!
I'm hoping there is a spring (get it, spring?) in your step this morning. Debbie

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Happy St Patrick's Day! ~ Susan

Jannie Funster said...

Their outfits really make a smashing-looking desplay on stage. Wish I could been there to hear the singing.

Happy St Pat's to you too.

Now where's my green feather boa??

Sue said...

Happy St. Paddy's right back at ya, Pam! I didn't get a post about it this year. Maybe I will at least sneak in a vintage card...

What a happy gathering. Looks like a GREAT time was had by all. And yes, I too would have loved to have heard those beautiful voices!

I awoke this morning, turned on the 6:00 am news and saw the beginning of the "greening of the canal" in Indy. What a wonderful weather day for a St. Patrick's Day parade, huh? I am sure Cincy was also out in full force! Did you have a traditional Irish meal today?

Guess where my pastor and youth pastor are spending this week? Ireland! Check it out:

http://www.projectmh.org/index.html

and

http://www.changeisgood4u.com/2009/03/st-patricks-day.html

Sue said...

Pam,
Go back...I DID get a post in after all LOL