Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Proud Parents and a Quirky Meme

We went here last week. Downtown Covington, Ky. (or as we call it Covingtucky) You know I have a fascination with old buildings and decorative architecture.
We parked the car and walked here.
To the MarX Gallery where my daughter's Senior portfolio is on display because it was nominated by this organization.
The Scholastic Art Awards. She has won something for the past three years and now her portfolio is nominated and will be sent to New York for judging nationally.
Even if it goes no further in the national competition this is quite an honor.
She was very excited when she found out the news.
There are so many amazing young artists , it is wonderful that organizations like this one are promoting their talent.
She also received a scholarship from the Art Academy of Cincinnati because of this, which was a boost to her ego although she has already notified the University of Cincinnati that she will be attending there. She was accepted into the School of Design, Art, Architecture and Planning at U.C.
What a great beginning for a professional life doing what you love.
Congratulations Sadie, we are so proud of you.

Now on to my next subject. The Quirky Loon tagged me for a quirky meme. Since she was lacking in the meme request department she memed herself. Her post on this meme is wonderful and... dare I say quirky? So now to my dismay, I am answering a meme...

1. If your house was on fire and you could grab only three things before you leave, what would they be?
-Since my glue guns probably started the fire I would have to say any craft supplies I could stuff down my pants since they would be nearby.
-My dog whistle so I could be sure the "girls" were right behind me.
-My drivers license so I could prove I was the home owner and not an arsonist.

2. Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
Have you met my next door neighbors?

3. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, I see the ghost of my 20 something size 5 self in the mirror all the time.

4.What do you value most in life?
The perfect shade of lip gloss. Pink, but not too, with a touch of shimmer, but not too. I mean really, what else is there?

5. What do you think is the greatest invention in your lifetime, and why?
Please refer back to question 4.

6. What do you think the secret to a good life is?
Having a housekeeper, a driver and a gardener.

7.What would be your dream job?
Being Martha Stewart with out that pesky prison record.

8.If you could have three wishes granted what would they be?
A housekeeper, a driver and a gardener.

9.If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
Your Name, then whenever I filled out a form that asks "insert your name here", I would save on ink and energy because the work would already be done. I'm all about less work.

In the interest of less work you may either tag yourself with this meme...or not. If you do, give a bit of linky love to the Quirky One for forging the self meme trail.

Have a self satisfied Saturday, P.
Again with the alliteration, someone Please slap me.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Good morning, Pam! Is is snowing down your way? Winter is giving yet another "last gasp".

Wow, I am so impressed with your daughter's work and her accomplishments! The one of Jimi and Janis sure captures the essence of the 70's...as well as her other ones captures the spirit in which they were intended! Yes, your daughter is very lucky to be starting out on a professional path that she obviously so whole-heartedly enjoys!

You also have a snowy, stimulating, spectacular, stupendous and scrumptious Saturday!!!

Geralyn Gray said...

Congratulations on your daughter's success. She looks very talented. My favorite is the Red Hot Chili Pepper, but I can't think of his name. I enjoyed your meme answers. I am with you on the housekeeper and gardener. Wouldn't that be nice.

Jodie LeJeune said...

Congratulations to Sadie! (again!)

To be an artist at such a young age...for her to be able to do what she loves...to have the whole world in front of her...SO COOL!

She's proof that dreams really do come true!

And...Hugs to YOU too!!
everything vintage

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

It's great that your daughter is so talented and is pursuing her education in the field. The recognition and nomination are awesome!

As for you and your gardner and driver and lipstick...I enjoyed the read. You are cracking me up this morning!

~Mindy

trash talk said...

You must be giving the gardener, housekeeper and driver an eyeful because I know the buttons have just got to be popping off your chest with pride for such an amazing talent.
I couldn't believe some of her earlier work you had shown, but this, this is fantastic!
Your children are so lucky to have such a deep artistic gene pool to dive into. tell her to walk with a strut, my friend. She earned it!
Debbie

Anita said...

What a talented young woman! You SHOULD be proud too of all your hard work- this is the payoff :) And I must say, I love the YOUR NAME idea. An interesting choice but better than so many I;ve heard. This is practical.

Thanks for the giggles...

Anita

Quirkyloon said...

Wow the artistic gene rawks!

Your daughter obviously takes after her maw maw!

Wonderful, wonderful pieces of art!

AND..you did a great job on the quirky meme!

Thanks for indulging me! :)