Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Parcels Full of Cheer.

Hi all. Things are almost back to normal so I thought a short post was in order as my mailbox has been overflowing with goodness lately.
If you have not visited Mindy at Primitiques N Poetry, she has been having online sales of all sorts of fab vintage goodies. I purchased a paint set, box of French thread and a cute little ceramic and wire ashtray all in shades of robin's egg blue. I collect old art supplies and figurines of artists and the paint set will be added to that collection. (or I may leave it on the mantle as I am loving the yellow, red and blue combo for Spring and Summer) The thread will go on top of a shelf in my laundry room with another collection of sewing and laundry items and the little ashtray will likely hold coins or keys or buttons or maybe a candle, or...well I just love the color.! Thanks Mindy.Then I was lucky enough to win beautiful Debbie's giveaway at Talking Trash. It was a wonderful necklace of vintage pretties from none other than Lauri of 2 Chippy's fame. It came in the cutest little box with a button and ribbon and a sweet hand made card. What fun.
Look at all the charming danglies. It came in time for my Mardi Gras dinner so I wore it that evening. Everyone just loved it.
These necklaces were featured in Porch magazine, one was even on the cover! I am one lucky girl. If you haven't seen Porch you need too. Eye candy galore.
As if that all wasn't enough. Lovely Kim of Daisy Cottage and sweet little Maggie, her pup, chose my name for Maggie's birthday give away. I opened this wonderful box of treasures and felt that a part of charming Daisy Cottage had come to my home.
The card enclosed has a drawing of cutie pie Maggie on the front! There was a vintage birthday card, a box of notecards with a lab pictured on the front, two sweet doggie figurines, a red heart pin, two flower clips for my "girls" to wear, a copy of Lassie come home, a cheerful red frame and the sweetest little blue dog sweater ever.
I feel I have hit the jackpot this month. You are all such terrific people with wonderful souls out in Blogland. It truly is a magical place. I will post where each and every little goody ends up in my home, I have got some plans I tell ya. I already know those sweet little doggies will be in good company here...
with my little collection. Good dogs, stay!

Have a Thursday filled with treasures, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

deardaisycottage said...

I am SO glad that my giveaway box arrived in one piece!! I'm the world's worst packer! ;-)
It makes my heart sing to see these little things in your home - thank you so much for sharing about all of your new treasures - love them all and thank you for all of your sweet words and support!!!!

Love,
Kim

Jodie LeJeune said...

Your mailman must know how to make his way to your door with his eyes closed with all the parcels you receive!!!

Hope all of this goodness is lifting your spirits...letting you know how much blogland loves you!!!

Smooches!
Jodie
everything vintage

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I am so glad that you like your goodies from Poetry. You have been raking it in, haven't you? I need to get busy looking for stuff for this weekend's sale, don't I? By the way, it is supposed to get up to 89 degrees today and 30 Friday night. Ugh. ~Mindy

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Just discovered your blog. What wonderful treasures you received. Love your banner, too! I'll be back to catch up on some more of your past posts :-)

thedomesticfringe said...

Nice gifts. You must have been very excited!

-FringeGirl

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

Thank you so much Pam for posting about the necklace. It looks fabulous. And I am so glad you like it. Lauri@chippys

nikkicrumpet said...

WOW so many gorgeous treasures!!! That must have been such a fun day. I love getting surprises in the mail. That necklace is adorable!

Geralyn Gray said...

I thought of you, too. I thought these pictures are not pretty like Pam's. I wish you lived close by, too. I'll share with pictures and if there is enough interest we could do a tea themed atc card swap for my blogging friends. I will try to get some good pictures of my dog.....he is just so cute....pictures never do him justice. I'll try to take some good ones of him, though.

robin dudley-howes said...

Love the necklace and all the charms.
robin