Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday

In honor of the fact that after our snow/ice/snow of 10" last week (and four snow days from school) and the fact that we had 6 more inches fall last night I am participating in outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer's blog.
I know you are all tired of snow pictures so I have added some pictures of areas of my garden in better (according to some) weather. You know I love all the seasons and have reveled in the recent white icing we have been receiving. In Cincinnati the weather can change from morning to afternoon and after subzero last week we went to the 50's on Sunday and now we are back to 6 and a two hour school delay with 6 more inches of snow. By the weekend the forecast is back to the 50's. We can experience all the seasons at once. So I hope you enjoy this photo tour of the seasons.
My fountain last Friday...
and how it looked last April.
My lonely wheelbarrow last week...
and last September.
Stepping off the front porch on Thursday...
and last Spring.
Walking up the driveway on Friday...
and last October. What a difference a few months, weeks, even days can make.
So enjoy the outdoors whatever weather you are having at your home. Drop by a
Southern Daydreamer to see what is going on outside in Blogland.

Have an outdoorsy Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

19 comments:

Cam said...

I enjoyed all of your before & after photos, though I'm sure the birds don't like all that snow in their bath :)

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

what a charming spot ... it's lovely both in warm and cold seasons!

Susan said...

Welcome to Outdoor Wednesday!

I love all your snow/spring photos...they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us!

You have a wonderful home.. I look forward to seeing more of it!

Susan

Frippery said...

It isn't a birdbath. It is cracked and doesn't hold water so I plant in it in the summer.

Jodie LeJeune said...

Gorgeous photos! I love the rolling hills of your area...we don't have that here. It makes a beautiful landscape! Oh how I love your snow pictures...I'll never tire of them!
Jodie @ everything vintage

Margaret said...

what a beautiful home and land you have. Seems it is beautiful year round!

thedomesticfringe said...

I love your house and gardens! Absolutely beautiful during both seasons.

-FringeGirl

trash talk said...

Pam, that last photo took my breath away. We don't have fall like that down here. It looked like a travel ad. Debbie

bella shabby said...

Hi Pam - There is Hope! We had Snowzilla here in December and January was So cold. Oh , but today is almost 60 - yes SIXTY degrees out. It is so Springy. The daffodils are pokin' out their little leaves. Your Home is lovely whatever the season, Sue

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh these were great!!! I love the befores and afters..what a difference a bit of time makes huh? Right now we have a sunny but cold day..If I wasn't chained to the desk, suppose to be working..lol I would go and snap some pictures of just sun. Thanks for the visit to my blog.. it is so nice to meet you. I hope to see you again soon.. hugs ~lynne~

mbkatc230 said...

I love the before and after pictures. Your property is gorgeous in both seasons, but I'll be honest I prefer the warm. Your lawn is just beautiful. Kathy

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

Wow!! what a beautiful contrast.I think we all are now longing for warmer weather and beautiful flowers.

Geralyn Gray said...

Thanks for the breath of fresh air. I was thinking of you today. Where I go to jury duty I have to drive through a state park, so I brought my camera and took some snow pictures. I hope I post them.....Your property is like a park setting--very serene.

summersundays-jw said...

Are you sure you don't live in MO? That's the way our weather has been. We had ice & snow a week ago & it's now a solid sheet of ice where it hasn't melted. I want Spring. Your pictures are great. Jan

kbbryant said...

I really enjoyed your take on OW this week. The contrasts of the seasons was great. What a special place you have!


Kathy b

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love these contrast shots, and the snow pics are truly lovely! Thanks so much for sharing.

Happy OW!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

What a wonderful idea! I enjoyed your garden cold and warm! Thanks for sharing. ~Mindy

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I love all your pictures :)

KATHERINELLEN said...

I love your fall and wintry photos...my favorite is the pond and your home in the snow. The reflextion on the ponk ..just gorgeous...Love the snow...Happy Outdoor Wednesday...By the way where do you live. It in the 20x here in Mississippi tonight..and was37 today..tomrrow 45...by this weekends 70s...yes 70s..Horay!