Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Fabulous French Named Friend

My son just walked in with the mail. Surprise! I have a package from my Silver Bella soul sister, Jodie LeJeune. Isn't that the prettiest name? It rolls off the tongue like Bon Temps, which is what I had in Omaha with Jodie, making art and shopping for vintage ephemera. Jodie recently had a give away on her blog Everything Vintage. Being the gracious southern girl she is, EVERYONE who commented got a little something even if they didn't win the big prize.This little trinket was almost too charming to unwrap, encased in a paper doily with a satin seam binding bow.
It almost hurt to untie the pretty package. The notecard was a sweet little square monogrammed with my first initial.
It was worth waiting for...a beautiful hand made bookmark, beaded and collaged by Jodie. The little clip at the end slips over your page to mark your place. What a talented lady. I am so lucky to have met her and to be able to call her friend. Stop by and give her a compliment...better yet urge her to start selling her goodies. I need some cute gifts!

Have a terrifically talented Tuesday, P.
P.S. Somehow I have gotten hooked on alliteration lately. Just slap me if I get carried away.
Pin It!

9 comments:

trash talk said...

I'm on my way. Here's to Bon Amies and Bon Temps! Debbie

Jodie LeJeune said...

Wow Pam, what a sweet and beautiful post about ME! It feels so good to know that "you wuv me"...ditto from me too soul sista! Glad you loved your little sumptin' sumptin' and be sure to think of me when you are relaxing with a good book!

I've had an Etsy account since 2007and have never listed anything...I just keep 'giving' the stuff I make away. Mom always told me that it was better to give than receive! I took it literally!!!!!!

You are too sweet!
Jodie
everything vintage

thedomesticfringe said...

Your friend makes lovely things...she should add them to her Etsy shop. :-)

A lovely post for your friend.

-FringeGirl

Geralyn Gray said...

Etsy......Etsy.........Etsy..........Jodie was so generous. We have got to get her going on Etsy.....she is too talented to waste all this vintage goodness with just us.....wait a minute we should keep this to ourselves........I love it!!!!!!!!!

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Wow! That is talent. And so kind to share! ~Mindy

Maison Douce said...

What a thoughtful gift!!! Very pretty!!
Isabel

delighted heart said...

How beautiful and how sweet..both your post and your friend!

Berlin Deluxxe said...

What a thoughtful gift :)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I think I'd better go meet her! Oh, hello, how are you :) I'm Phyllis!