Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Most Expensive Dog Bed in the World

Actually this probably isn't the most expensive dog bed in the world. I'm sure some celebrity dogs out there have much posher digs. The truth is this was never meant to be a dog bed but these girls have turned it into one when no one else is around to claim it. As you can see they have even torn a hole in one corner. I have to fluff the cushions back into shape at least once a day. Thank goodness these are slip covers!I have another set in yellow but the colors just don't work in this room any more. Time for a nice neutral set. That way I can change my look with pillows. Something in a dog color maybe.
I think I have spoiled these girls.
Who can resist a sleeping dog curled up in a ball?
I think I hear Karma snoring.
Any suggestions for machine washable fabric that can take a beating?

Have a sweet Sunday, P.
BTW I have been spending entirely too much time on the computer lately and have let things in the real world start to slide, so I am taking a week to accomplish some things around the house. I'll be checking in on you all from time to time. I am getting spring fever and my projects are piling up. Be back soon.
Pin It!

4 comments:

thedomesticfringe said...

My couch has unfortunately become a dog bed too. Thank God for slipcovers!

Good luck getting all your work done. Hope it's a productive week.
-FringeGirl

Jodie LeJeune said...

Pam, I am ashamed. MY real bed isn't even as nice as the their dog bed! You have certainly spoiled them, but that's what they are for right?
How much time are you taking off? 'Cause I'm going to miss you terribly...Hurry and get all of your chores done so we can play! I'll be waiting for ya...
Jodie

Berlin Deluxxe said...

I have a set of white slipcovers both in denim and a chenille matallese looking fabric I use in winter. Both are incredibly durable, soft and temperature comfy. Dog hair would probably brush or roll off easier from the denim slipcover though. I got mine at shabbychic.com

trash talk said...

I need to do the same thing. I might do just that after the giveaway, which btw, you will slip away long enough for a mannequin and a martini, right? Add a Cat Daddy to the dogs and you've got my sofa. (and my word verification is crumbr, how fitting!) Debbie