Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, February 9, 2009

Make Over Monday Guilt

OK I know I said I was taking a week off to get things done...but I realized this is the second Monday in a row I didn't do anything about my brilliant make over Monday plan. Of course I am 3 weeks behind on my 52Q Challenge and trying to lose weight on my own isn't going as scheduled, so I plan on taking action this week. Meantime, I will leave you with some pictures of the book I sent out to Lady Jane as the winner of my 100th post contest in January. PS Say a prayer for her and her Mom as she is very caught up right now in caring for her.
Before the photos I must say Thank You to a dear Best Blogging Friend I met at Silver Bella last year. Jodie of Everything Vintage gave away a beautiful box of vintage goodness for her 100th post contest. Alas, I was not the winner but generous southern lady that she is, she is sending EVERYONE that commented a little "sumthin sumthin" just for commenting! She is as sweet and fun in person as she is on her blog. Go visit if you haven't already.
I made this little book for ephemera and ideas as my 100th post give away. I love making these so much,getting to play with all the old and new bits and pieces that go into each one. Some day I will make one to keep as I have a hard time saying good-bye to them. The two ladies on the front are my grandma Florence and her sister Clara, I am assuming they are dressed for Halloween. Enjoy my little book and the lovely shadows cast by the January sun through the window.













I hope you all have a beautiful and productive week. (It is going to be in the 60's here, the snow has already melted and I am ready for spring, although it will probably drop back down and we can't rule out more snow before that happens. This is Cincinnati after all.) I will see you next Monday.

Have a momentous Monday, P.
Pin It!

11 comments:

THE VERANDA said...

What a great little book! That picture on the front is the best!!

trash talk said...

Your grandmother must have been a hoot! I love the little book, you did a beautiful job. I may have to think about sending everyone a little thank you. Another great idea you've given me. Let's keep this one a secret until I see if I have enough of something to send. LOL Debbie

Geralyn Gray said...

I love the book---and don't feel guilty. This a great tool for goal setting, but life happens and it comes at you QUICK....so don't feel guilty. I can't wait to see what the sumthin sumthin from Jodie is. Have a great and productive week!!!!

Jodie LeJeune said...

I so wanted to win that book...that lucky Lady Jane she is! I know the hours it takes to make a keepsake so beautiful, it is hard to let it go.

Oh and about your "goals"...

"Without goals, and plans to reach them, you are like a ship that has set sail with no destination."
Fitzhugh Dodson

You got the goals, so just flow with it girl...there is no arrival deadline!

Marie Reed said...

Your books are just gorgeous! There is so much texture, colour, and creativity in one beautiful package!

Jen Kershner said...

Your book is so gorgeous. I'm totally inspired!

The Hussy Housewife said...

Great book...I am a scrapbooker too! One that is very behind.

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Your handmade book is lovely! And good luck with your diet. I just went on my very first one with a very small goal of losing 10 pounds. I'm just about there, but it was tough! Enjoy the spring-like weather.

summersundays-jw said...

What a beautiful book! Good luck on your makeover week. Think I'll try that some week -- yeah, right!! Jan

Cherry's Jubilee said...

I lov eit I love it I love it. Toooo sweet...beautiful journal girl. cherry

French Cupboard said...

The book is lovely! And about the weather... I'm in IL and it was 65 two days ago. Today we're expecting a snow storm. ugh. Hope you have a beautiful weekend. Blessings... Polly