Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day, See You at Debbies

I got a little splainin' to do. I thought Debs big day was tomorrow and I almost missed the party. Par for Friday the 13th. Line me up some dirty martinis Honey, I'm on my way. (Please excuse the fact that I wrote this post for Saturday)
Happy Valentines Day!I know I was going to hibernate until Monday. but, as most of you know, EVERYONE who is ANYONE will be at TNT's for the party of the year (or at least of February, or this week) and they will be dressed to the nines for a chance to win her "Fab-U-Lous" give away.
So, Darlings, I just had to come out of hiding for this fete. I hope you will be joining in as well.
Since Valentines Day comes but once a year I thought I would make a day of it. For luncheon I have chosen this red rose bedecked garden frock. Champagne cocktails anyone?
It is February so if there is a nip in the air I will cover up with a sweet little ivory cashmere cardigan.
The sequined details are to die for.
Of course no lady would be caught at luncheon with a bare head, although I seem to have misplaced my gloves.
Then, after several champagne cocktails and some chocolate dipped strawberries it is on to the main event. The party at TNT's! I have chosen a lady like little two piece number in champagne lace with a sweet satin bow. Not too low cut please, a lady must retain her dignity.
I do believe the saying is that a man wants a lady in public and a ... well...something a bit messier...in private, right? So after a bit of dancing and a few Cosmos or maybe Debbie's dirty martinis (I hear she makes a mean one)...
I will have to bid you all good night. After all, a girls gotta do something for her Valentines goodies. What would you do for a few dozen roses?
Better yet, what wouldn't you do for a 2 Chippy's necklace?

Enjoy the party and I hope your Valentines Day is filled with love...and a trinket or two.

Have a red hot Saturday, P.

P.S. All clothing was once worn by my lovely mother Helen and later by myself in the early years of my marriage and young motherhood. Maybe I will wear them again...(if I can keep my paws off the chocolate strawberries)
Pin It!

19 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Wow. Beautiful, fine, lovely beyond words clothing. Classy all the way! And my girls are wearing an old slips and nightgown! ha! Drinks are on me! ~Mindy

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

Love the red rose dress! Very pretty.

Shannon

Antiques and More Blog said...

Love the garden party dress! I'll take a martini please!!

Lisa

trash talk said...

Pam, I know you just wanted to make an entrance, right?
Your dresses are to die for. Cashmere...is there anything like it in the world? Of course when there is a nip in the air, I just put a little nip in me.
Do not ask me what I will do for Valentine's goodies. I dislocated my knee at my son's wedding dancing for a dollar. What does that tell you?
I am some high class broad.
Y'all have all been so creative. This has been loads of fun!
Now please, pour me a champagne cocktail as I am feeling a might chilly! Debbie

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Lovely clothes, especially the beaded cashmere sweater. Pass the cocktails, please.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Get those martinis going! You are dressed for party success! How many roses did you say?

thedomesticfringe said...

That's awesome that you have some of your mom's outfits and you wear them. I love that!

Very beautiful.
-FringeGirl

trash talk said...

Pam, just checking to make sure you got home without any arrests! Thanks for all the great ideas to help make my party so much more fun! Pleasant dreams my friend. Debbie

trash talk said...

Stop by for a "little hair of the dog" if you have time. It will be worth it. Debbie

bella shabby said...

Hi Pam , we're missing you - I'm so glad you joined the party. The clothing is wonderful! Congratulations on being the Winner. Sue

THE VERANDA said...

Wasn't it a fun party! And how pretty you looked! Congratulations on winning the FaB U LouS necklace.

Sue said...

I love the vintage look, Pam! GREAT clothes...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anita said...

I so love that floral dress....

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

You lucky girl!!! email me and let me know if you prefer gold or silver, and your address dahling. evansq@comcast.net

Lauri@chippys

Berlin Deluxxe said...

What a cute post, Happy V.tines Day!

deardaisycottage said...

pssst
come see me.

xo,
Kim

nikkicrumpet said...

Very Classy..the pictures looked like something from a ritzy magazine. Loved it!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Congratulations Mrs. Frippery! I didn't know a proper young lady like yourself had trashy friends that drove pink wheels and sipped martinis all night...but winning the necklace was sure worth it! tee hee!

That really was a fun party. Heck, I even left a silly comment to join in the fun! Deb's excitment was contagious!

You'll look FaB-U-LouS in that beautiful necklace!

Jodie
everything vintage

Heidi Ann said...

I am so in love with that beautiful rose-strewn frock that words can't even express it!