Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend (next to her camera)

OKAY! I know...enough already. But I think I finally captured one tenth of the beauty outside. You HAVE TO click on the photos to see what I mean. I took these on Saturday. The sun is shining, the sky is blue and God's Earth is encased in glass.It is so sparklingly brilliant that you can barely see at first.
Shimmering and crackling, the most fragile and lovely coating of crystals wraps each branch.
The snow is dissolving in the sunlight and the ice is taking on more shine.
I am awed.
If there are ice fairies I know they are hiding here.
I just had to share this once more.
Spring flowers, the green of summer, autumn gold, this will give you a run for your money.
Glass limbs against the bluest of skies.
Thanks for indulging me.

Have a stunning Sunday, P.
Oh, and enjoy the Super Bowl too.

P.S. You will be happy to know the ice has melted and the snow is getting slushy so I can move on to my next obsession, whatever that will be.
Pin It!

8 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Pam, thank you for your sweet words today. Beautiful pics of the snow.

Sue said...

Glad you got the beauty captured, Pam! Man, you guys must have had the outlying edges of what KY got, huh? We didn't get anything comparable to that.

Yes, Super Bowl Sunday. Hey, that reminds me...go to this you tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHH-6ZQktRQ

A fellow blogger from my church posted it. Trust me, you will like it! I SOOOOOOOOO am hoping (against all odds, according to Vegas) that Pittsburgh doesn't get win #6!!!! Go Warner...Go Cards!

Can't wait to see what you newest obsession will be! I can relate to that...once something grabs my attention, it REALLY takes hold. LOL

Have a GREAT week!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Beautiful photos!

I was sorta surprised to see the title of your thread ... I'm in the middle of making a mini-theatre with Marilyn Monroe singing "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend." LOL

nikkicrumpet said...

Nice pictures...but I'm getting so sick of snow I'm having a hard time finding it's beauty!

trash talk said...

Those trees are gorgeous. Hard to believe anything so beautiful can do so much damage.(Kinda like us, huh?) Debbie

thedomesticfringe said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing.

-FringeGirl

LADY JANES' EMPORIUM said...

Pam, I have not received anything yet! I am truly looking forward to my goodies though! I will let you know! Thanks again!

LADY JANES' EMPORIUM said...

Dear PPam,THANK YOU SO MUCH! I got my package when I got home last night....the journal is beautiful...and I quickly tucked the little memo book in my purse! Your workmanship is wonderful! My boyfriend was laughing at me as I flipped each page to view it over and over...he thought I would wear it out! I am going to post about it! Thanks again! Love it!