Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, January 30, 2009

Still Wandering in Wonderland...and crafting...and reading

I know you are all getting tired of snow photos but indulge me a bit longer. We got out for a bit last evening and walking up the driveway our house looked so warm in all the frosty weather I had to post a pic.This morning the sun is finally shining. This is the fourth day off school this week! We finally managed to dig the cars out yesterday afternoon. My son's girlfriend has been snowed in with us since Monday night. We were all out with shovels and kitty litter trying to push her car out of the spot she was stuck in. Hilarious! She finally got to go home last evening but called to say travel was still not so good.
Today the ice is really glistening. I am going to take a walk later with fresh camera batteries. ( I hear you groaning) Just like spring, this beauty is so fleeting I feel the need to capture it. To get a better feel of the icy majesty don't forget to click on the pics to enlarge them. (I always forget this). I haven't been idle while snowed in although I haven't accomplished what needs to be done either. I made another bottle a la' City Farmer for Sadie's art teacher. (I'll tell you why in the next post, Big News) The quote at the bottom from Hans Hofmann says "A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops."
I have read two Carol O'Connell books "Find Me" and "Winter House" and am beginning "Bone by Bone" thanks to one of you sweet bloggers out here who posted about it. I cannot remember who (senior moment, and I don't mean high school!) If it was you please comment so I can add a link. I also read "Ghost Radio" by Leapoldo Gout but it was lost on me, started out Ok but...
I am an avid reader but just so you don't think I've been sitting on my considerable A** I have been reading while on the treadmill for an hour a day! I am going to stick with the program because my son is signing us up for a fun run. (Thank goodness it's not until October.) It is sponsored by a local rock station, WEBN. It is called the "Run Like Hell" and takes place in a graveyard. That's my kinda run!
I'm off to capture some icicles with my camera (stop groaning, spring will be here soon enough).

Have a glacial Friday, P.
O.K. I am editing this post to say that I got hooked on Carol O'Connell this past week because of Bella Shabby's post about the new book Bone by Bone. I started reading it on the treadmill this morning and I don't think I'll be able to stop 'til I finish. (Reading not walking, I can stop that anytime.) Thanks for the reading suggestion.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

Go Pam--that run sounds fun. Can you run and take pictures?? Ok let somebody else take pictures..I love the teacher quote. I have gotten out of giving teachers gifts, but I was at my daughter's school last night and her teachers were so nice and encouraging!!!!!lShe has been painting them lately, maybe she could give them a painting with that quote!

Berlin Deluxxe said...

What beautiful bottles! Your crafting inspired me to start my own crafting blog- Nubby Lu ♥
Thanks for all the inspiration.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

The parenthetical comments have me rolling. I'll have to check out the books. Stay warm! ~Mindy

bella shabby said...

Hi Pam, Is she not the best?! I have read Winter House 3 times. Ok , I've read them All 3 times. With the Mallory series its best to read them in order - Find Me was the most recent in that series so the other books will give you more background on her charactor. I am SO glad you like her! We are going to look at the Canons tomorrow. Thanks for the input - much appreciated, Sue

Denise Elizabeth -HopeTreeStudio- said...

Thanks for the comment. OH you are funny love your post. Denise

Susie from Bienvenue said...

I could not imagine having so much snow and ice... living in Louisiana we only get to dream about it. Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures...your house does look all cozy and warm~

Cherry's Jubilee said...

When I think of carol o'conner I think of archie rofl! I loved him...especially in "return to me"...have you ever seen that? Has MInnie Driver and david duchovony in it. I am soo glad it has not snowed in the last couple of days...we are usually always snowed in living in the cascades. What are those books about? I love to discover new ones. cherry