Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Oh the Weather Outside is...Stunning!

We are encased in a life sized snow globe. Our little area of southwest Ohio gets maybe one or two good snows per year, the rest are quick snow showers that melt in a day. We are in the second day of a city closing snow and ice storm and (sorry for all you snow haters out there) it is stunning. I tried to capture the feeling as I look out my windows but the camera doesn't pick up the fluffy white flakes floating down from the sky.The hush of the snow seems impossibly quiet. I wish there was a way to capture the the look of the snowfall.
The view from my front door is a magic landscape, white and desolate, but so inviting.
My photos simply do not do it justice. The whispering of the flakes as they fall. The fairy like glisten. The snow is falling so fast that it almost feels as if you are rising instead. Last night the ice that came down sounded like a tinkling rain of glass glitter hitting the roof.
It coated every branch with a shimmer of glass. Like magical sculpted crystal.
I wish I could capture the look and feeling for you. It is truly breathtaking. I hope you are staying warm and cozy where ever you are. I am thoroughly enjoying this beautiful morning.
I really do love the winter weather.

Have a wonderous Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

14 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

It really is stunning out there right now, isn't it? Gorgeous! I have to say I enjoy these snow days when we have nowhere to go and nothing to do for a change. :-)

vivian said...

I think your pictures captured it very well and what the pictures missed your discriptions covered! I'm out blog hopping all the blogs of the girls who entered the easter egg swap, making sure all of the links Ive been sent work! so far so good! you have a lovely blog! and I'll be sure to be back!
enjoy that snow! Were getting it here too, minus the ice (thankfully) but unlike yours, when it snows here, it pretty much stays around for 3to 4 months!!! (gets a little tiring..) but I do agree that its pretty!
have a great day
vivian

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

Just beautiful!!! We got quite a bit yesterday and I love the way it looks..stunningly pure!!

Taryn said...

Wow- those are gorgeous photos. I love winter weather as well. Sigh.

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh Pam, I can picture you with your fuzzy warm slippers and a glass of hot chocolate, snuggling with your puppies! I'm so jealous! It looks beautiful outside...enjoy!
Jodie

idrawpix said...

Stumbled into your wonderful blog and like your "fluff", music, and winter attitude. I don't believe in lurking, so I thought I would just say "hello & Happy Snow".

delighted heart said...

It's beautiful! We just got a little ice on the ground but not on the roads. Definitly not as pretty as you! Hope you stay snuggly and warm...drop a couple more marshmallows in the hot chocolate! I'm wondering who all can't get on their computers today due to downed power lines! Glad you still have the electric juice!
Patti

trash talk said...

I love the muffler that snow becomes drowning out noise. It's one of my favorite "sounds". We got ice this morning...nothing like yours, but enough my gas meter froze and they had to send a guy out. No heat till he got there and replaced it. Brrr!!! I was looking mighty fine when he showed up with my winter garb on for keeping warm. Too bad C.D. was home or I might have run off with him. I'm a sucker for a man in a uniform. Debbie

thedomesticfringe said...

Your pictures are beautiful. Our day started pretty, but is ending in mucky slush because it's raining now. Oh, well. It was nice for a little while.

-FringeGirl

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

It looks beautiful! The fluffy flakes are seen in one picture quite nicely. Thanks for sharing. We had ice here, but, most is gone. ~Mindy

Sue said...

Enjoyed your post! Yes, we are pretty snowed in over here. My husband made it to work this morning...a FORTY MINUTE DRIVE. (he's nuts, to my way of thinking LOL) I made it to work also, but I just live down the street from where I work so no problemo.

Looks like we didn't get as much ice as you, but if we hadn't gotten what we did, we would have had around 11 or 12" of snow on the ground right now!

Yes, stay warm, cozy and snuggly. These days ARE beautiful, but I am a Spring type of gal. Some days lately, I can feel it and smell in the air!

Geralyn Gray said...

I had to go to jury duty in a rainy slushy mush--yuk! Was happy to see you are in the egg swap--it should be fun!!!!

nikkicrumpet said...

snow....MEH!

The Charm House said...

We just don't get this kind of weather in Georgia.... Thanks for the wonderful detail in your description! I could just hear the ice hitting the roof!
Yvette