Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cheerful Colors and Suggestions Please

Random photos of my son's dishes that came back home with him. They were sitting on the counter before we packed them away, that is until he moves again.The colors of the cups against the black and white bowls and plates were so cheery. Springlike. The sun was shining in the perfect spot to make them glow.
I just had to share them. I am trying to be more creative with my camera. I found my old tripod and it makes a huge difference when photographing still lives. Also, with that same thought I have joined two creative challenges for 2009. Creative Everyday will post a topic each month that we can follow (or not) to boost creative thought. This can be writing, art crafting, decorating, photography. You can then post your ideas on a blog or the flickr group or just in the comment section of the blog.
I am also participating in a year long mini journal challenge 52Q-2009.
Each week we will create a journal page to answer the question posted that week. I am using playing cards as the base for my journal pages. $1.00 for two decks at Dollar Tree. Woot woot! At the end of the year I will have a journal of 52 pages. (Hopefully) I will post my progress throughout the year as well as on the flickr group for this challenge.
I am also going to attempt to share some easy, cute craft ideas. I want to see how we all take a concept and put our personal stamp on it.
BTW, I am running out of adjectives for my sign off. I found a thesaurus and will start using that. But if you have any words you love the sound of, I could use suggestions. Creative ones. Thanks in advance.

Have a warm hearted Wednesday, P.

There seem to be a lot more synonyms for unpleasant words. LOL
Pin It!

4 comments:

Geralyn Gray said...

inThat is a challenge--I like your choices so far they were warm hearted, all american and delightful. It reminds me of when a newscaster first gets the job and they have to come up with a sign off. How about with high hopes or creatively yours--I don't know I think I just like what you have done and I am looking forward to seeing more,

trash talk said...

Girl, I can't imagine you running out of words! Repeat, repeat, repeat. We'll never know or if we do, whatcha think we'r going to do-tell the blog police? Seriously, I just like the way you put the sentences together. I also really like your son's dishes. Who knew a guy could be so cool(or did you pick them out?). So have a wistful, wondering, wandering, wacky, winding, windy, walloping, well-deserved Wednesday!!! Tn'T

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love the photos. Nice job. I like how you are challenging yourself and that you are sharing your new creative endeavors with us. Good for you! Can't wait to see the progress of the journal pages. And from a person who uses the words cool, sweet and eh, way too much. You're on your own! ~Mindy

kari and kijsa said...

Love those black & white bowls!! Great shots!
blessings,
kari & kijsa