Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, December 15, 2008

My Holiday Home Tour

Julia from Hooked on Houses is hosting this home tour. You should join the party too. It's a blast! (I am also joining Kimba at A Soft Place to Land for her Holiday Open House tomorrow.) Check it out.
I told you I was easing up on the decorating this year. I usually go nuts, with five full size trees and baubles in every room. This year I took a hint from Karma here to take it easy. So... one tree and lots of things I already have and now I can lay back and enjoy the season. (Just not in the same pose as Karma.)Shadow likes the more easy going approach as well. Her favorite place to sleep is under a Christmas tree. Come on in.
My husband collects ruby glass and Radko blown glass ornaments. This year we displayed them on garland and a few small trees in the entry.
Red and green in the cabinet and the cutest little pot belly stove. The lights inside flicker so it really does look like a fire.
Of course it looks cozier in the evening.
My little North Pole Reindeer village found a home on the top of the china cabinet.
On to the kitchen. (sorry about the back lighting, the wreaths aren't very visible) Red and white transferware plates are ringed with wreaths.
Some holly and bows on the pot rack.
Would you care for a peppermint?
I have a lot of red and green in my everyday items so adding a bit of Christmas to my buffet is easy.
Ruby glass and thrifted dishes are festive any time.
Remind me to turn that lampshade to hide the seam.
More ruby mixed with some green depression glass. Coffee anyone?
My hubby gave me these snowman plates one year and I use them through the winter. Thanks sweetheart. You know I love colored glass. Can't get enough.
I love red.
See what I mean?
A wintery tablescape right from the yard.
That is Epsom Salt snow. I don't know where I learned that trick but it is cheap, easy and beautiful.
My candy cane colored tree. With a bit of spa blue thrown in for fun. (Thanks for those postcard ornaments Geralyn.)
My mantle dressed with ruby and milk glass, instant candy cane colors.
This is an old photo of my brother and I with some neighbors. We are the two on the left. The colors are perfect!
The mantle at night.
A sweet little woodsy candle holder made by my friend Jennifer.
No snow yet.
Old books, silver and of course ruby glass and peppermint. All my favorite things.
Love that red!
Peppermint goes with everything.
Santa's hot tub snow globe from Department 56. Another gift from my hubby.
A few more shots of the tree.
Red and white are so cheerful.
I have a collection of snow babies displayed in the sitting room. This is one my husband gave me when our son was in a band.
Tarnished silver garland and glittered ornaments. You can't ever have too much sparkle.
A little pink just because.
Have a seat and visit for a moment. would you like a cup of egg nog?
Thank you for visiting and I hope you have the loveliest Christmas ever.

Have a glowing Monday, P.
Pin It!

16 comments:

trash talk said...

I don't know Pam, Karma looks pretty comfy to me. I may just have to try that position for relaxing. Isn't it amazing how a little can go a long way. Your house looks beautiful and festive. I swear I feel like Beetlejuice-you like red, I like red, you like Snow Babies, me too! Once again, another terrif post. Debbie

Geralyn Gray said...

Your house looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.....I haven't put on my blog where I am traveling to for Christmas....I am thinking of playing a game of where in the world is Geralyn Gray? Enjoy your beautiful festive home.

Myrna said...

I'm with you...only used 5 of the 25 boxes we have for Christmas this year!
You did a wonderful job--everything is just beautiful! A feast for the eyes!

The Blonde Duck said...

What a wonderful tour! Looks so elegant!

Candy said...

Beautiful decorations! You have been one busy lady, that's for sure.

Candy

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Oh, Pam! It is just beautiful! hmm...my favorite? Maybe the peppermints in the silver. I love that look! ~Mindy

Laura said...

I have a dog named Karma also (golden). Your house looks beautiful!

summersundays-jw said...

Thanks for checking out my blog & for the compliments. I ck'd out the holiday home tour but I think I was too late. Your house is wonderful & love your music. PEACE! Jan

Sue said...

Pam,
I must say, I feel like I have been over for a visit. Let's see...My favorite part? Well, love the view from your kitchen first of all. I feel like I have been sitting with you in your cozy, comfy chairs sipping egg nog (Oh, BTW, have the tried the Egg Nog milkshakes at Mickey D's? Very tasty) Also, thanks for the tip about the epsom salts. Who would have "thunk" it? That was a lovely arrangement!

Take care...looks like we are in for some nasty weather. Check out this lady's blog I found last night. Hopefully we won't get a taste of what she experienced...

http://stampinangeljenn.blogspot.com/

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Wow! If this is a scaled-down Christmas, I can't imagine what it's like during years when you have 5 full-scaled trees in your house! Everything looks gorgeous. I love that tablescape. Your rooms should be in a magazine. So pretty!

Thanks for joining my blog party. Mister Linky crashed on me, but I'm adding your link back to it right now. -Julia :-)

Jodie LeJeune said...

Your home is beautiful Pam. You have captured it beautifully through the camera!!!! Thanks for sharing with us and I wanted to let you know that I am stealing the Epsom salt idea!!! Awesome! Happy Holidays!!!!
Jodie

jenx67 said...

good job!

philben5 said...

Ok so did I just see plates hanging in the middle of your wreaths in the window? That is just too cool... I love plates a little too much and what a wonderful way to display them...
Thanks for the beautiful, classy home tour.
Blessings
Roxanne

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your decorations are so pretty.
I hope you'll visit my blog soon. I've had giveaway's every Friday in December.

Jen said...

What a beautiful and festive home! I use epsom salts too for snow. Thanks for the tour.

foxxy said...

You definitely have the decorating touch. Everything looks perfect. I can't pick a favorite. I like it all. Thanks for the tour. Merry Christmas!