Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, December 1, 2008

My Baby Isn't a Baby Anymore

Wow! Wasn't this just yesterday? Today is our son's 21st birthday. Happy Birthday Jobie!The smiliest kid around. He can charm anyone with those dimples.
He has been a joy to us. Smart, funny, cute, imaginative, and always focused on where he is going in life.
I must say, as fast as the years have flown it was a pleasure raising our first born child. Headstrong as well as loving, he usually managed to get his way, but always with a smile.
He was sick with the flu at the Senior Mom Prom and I would have just as soon stayed home to care for him, but he insisted we would not miss it. Fever and all. It was the one dance he didn't miss once in high school.
Did I tell you about the smart part? He has tested in the top 99 percentile in the country which is what Mensa calls the "1 %er's. He is currently majoring in Neuro science and Biology and will receive a Bachelor of Science in Biology as well as a Bachelor in Neuroscience. Then his plans are for Med. school.
He is also an accomplished musician (He is getting a new guitar for his birthday)
Here he is with his sister and a group of grade school buddies at Easter sunrise Mass last year. We attend this Mass every year at Mt. Echo park overlooking the city. The city sits to the East and the sun rises behind. Stunning. (They look a little cold don't they?)
Joe, Have the happiest of birthdays, we love you more than words can express.

Get out there and make the world a better place. We know you can do it!

Have a bright Monday, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

trash talk said...

Pam, he looks so much like you-gorgeous! A person could get lost in those dimples. I'm sure a lot of girls already have. Lol! Debbie

Geralyn Gray said...

Happy Birthday to your son. He is adorable. My girlfriend who I visited this weekend has a daughter who is turning 21 tomorrow. It seems like yesterday she was born. Time flies!

cityfarmer said...

gotta love those kidlings of ours.....nothing like a mother and son love!!!

VINTAGE GIRL AT HEART said...

What a handsome bright and wonderful young man you've raised!!!
A Happy Birthday to him!!!

Geralyn Gray said...

I am so glad you are enjoying the advent calender. It was fun to put together. I have spent two days home--I spend less $ that way. Tomorrow I am going to visit some antique stores and get inspired and try not to spend too much money. I hope you share what your space looks like on your blog.

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Aww! What a sweet tribute to your man child. He is a handsome one...and brains are the most exciting thing he can have! Congrats on a good 'un! ~Mindy

Berlin Deluxxe said...

Being a mom is the most amazing indescribable feeling. Even now that my son is so much taller than me I wish I could still hold him in my arms and rock him to sleep. <3