Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, December 22, 2008

Little House Journal

I did get a little bit of crafting done over the last week. Using my skills learned from
Pam Garrison's class at Silver Bella and this cute little house shaped book board I created a little journal for my friend Jennifer.I love it so much I want to make one for myself.
It is a fun little spot to keep ideas and notes for the home
Come on in and look around.
A pocket for dreams and wishes.
A space for keeping lists.
Some tags for jotting down plant names or paint colors.
A space for pictures snipped from magazines.
A back cover as pretty as the front.
Vintage wallpaper scraps and darling flower paper clips. (Found these at Dollar Tree)
A mix of new and vintage ribbon in candy colors.
Sweet vintage trim on the sherbet color rooftop.
A tiny silver key hangs on the polka dot door knob. A snippet of a library catalog card for a door, topped by a sparkling apple green arch.
Scraps of ribbon and trim adorn every surface.
A vintage game card and tatted lace embellish the back cover.
No part is left without a bit of bling or piece of finery.
Girly, candy stripes and ruffled crepe paper make a pocket for sweet dreams.
Another pocket is made from the page of an old French grammar book and dotty black ribbon.
Thanks for touring this little house journal. I have to pack it up and take it to Jennifer's now.
I hope she likes it!

Have a happy Monday, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

How beautiful! Your house journal is amazing!

Geralyn Gray said...

I love your style!!!!!! Your house and house book are amazing! If I don't get the chance again before Christmas I wanted to wish you and your family the best. We leave on Christmas night for a vacation of a lifetime. Can't wait to share the details--I am keeping it a surprise and I am going to do a giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to check in. Merry Christmas and a very fine 2009.

Berlin Deluxxe said...

This is delightful! BTW, my hubby is a jazz musician, and sheet music old and new always makes its way to our house, if you ever need any, please email me. I often throw it away :(

thedomesticfringe said...

That is really pretty! What a great idea.
-FringeGirl

The Muse said...

i would love to follow your blog..but apparently blogger has a limit and i have reached it...
bad blogger ! i've passed out and wound up in Santas workshop...! do you have any idea how much muse's love journals? lol

nikkicrumpet said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the most amazingly beautiful thing! I can't imagine the hours and hours and hours of work that went into it. It has so much detail and is just so flipping pretty!!! She is going to be so thrilled!