Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jennifer's House Part 2

Before we look inside Jennifer's home I have one little piece of business to take care of . Jodie at Everything Vintage has given me another Kreativ Blogger award. Thanks Jodie. So tomorrow I am going to list some blogs that always make me laugh out loud. Sorry I was so late in the mention but I do appreciate it. Especially from someone who's blog is such a pleasure to read. Go visit Jodie now and see the pictures of her recent travels. You won't even have to pay for air fare.
Now, let's take a peak at the inside of Jenn's home decked out for Christmas in classic red and green. These first shots are of the cozy dining area right off the kitchen and family room. A rustic stone fireplace and "stockings hung by the chimney, with care".A vintage Hoosier cabinet chock full of Santa and the Mrs.
Her splendid tree decorated traditionally, right to the angel on top. Have a seat and put your feet up.
Her entry strung with a garland of greenery and red ribbons. (not everything is traditional, thanks to Kirk all the lights work by remote control)
More red and green mark the entrance to the dining room.
Jennifer made this vintage style arrangement with a Santa hat, electric taper and distressed copy of The Night Before Christmas.
Entry table simply dressed for Christmas, with family photos which are always a part of Jenn's decorating.
A comfy spot for reading. (Ach, you know I have been working on mastering low light. Not quite there yet.)
My favorite red and white peppermint colors.
Carolers at the window. Love the plaid in reds and greens.
A sconce embellished for the season.
The party ready buffet in the dining room.
Another beautiful fireplace. Don't you love dining by firelight?
A view from the dining room to the sitting room.
Last, another stone fireplace. This one in the lower level, full of cheerful snowmen celebrating winter.
Thanks for accompanying me on this visit to Jennifer and Kirks Holiday open house.
I hope you enjoyed the tour.

Stay warm.

Have a snuggly Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

WOW Jennifers home is gorgeous...the stone fireplaces are so beautiful...but that arrangement in the vintage santa hat made me clap my hands in glee...what a wonderful idea!! Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm inspired (and ashamed at my own pitiful attempt!) And thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love new visitors and I love following them home and checking out their place. And thanks VERY much for the soon to be "shout out" I am so glad that you laugh at my blog...that is the best compliment I could get!

trash talk said...

Jennifer's home screams Merry Christmas! What a happy scenic tour. I love red and always want it around especially at Christmas. I think I'll ask Santa for remote controlled lights for next year. And yes, I too will be stealing, I mean borrowing the Santa cap idea. Too cute to pass up! I expect that to show up in a magazine next year, but I'll remember where I saw it first. Thanks Pam. Debbie

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I think the Santa hat arrangement is my fav! Lovely, warm, inviting home. Thanks to you and Jennifer for sharing. ~Mindy

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

Hey Miss Fripp! Thank you so much for the kind words! We do try to keep the masses laughing!
xoox lulu

The Hussy Housewife said...

Great pictures. Yes you can take my coat, and I will take some vodka in my eggnog please.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What a beautiful house tour; esp. loved the outside areas! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season, Theresa

Jodie LeJeune said...

Awe Pam, you are such a sweetie. Thanks for your kind words and thanks for sharing Jennifer's home. Ya'll are so talented!!!!!
I'm so jealous!
Jodie