Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jennifer's Holiday Home Tour Part 1

Today I had to take a break from visiting all the homes on the Holiday tours because I have a couple million other things to do. Plus, I think my butt is now shaped just like my desk chair. So I went to my friend Jennifer's house to take pictures for another holiday home tour.
However I also have a few other things to share with you. First my Silver Bella friend Jodie
has been longing for snow since she was 10 years old. Guess what? She got her wish, in Louisiana , where she had completely given up on ever seeing the fluffy flakes! See her pictures here. While you're there check out her tree from 2006. (Click on the links to visit Jodie)
Another thing. It starting doing this at my house today...I was sooo excited... and then it stopped.
Oh, one more thing before I FINALLY start the tour... I have found my dream house! Unfortunately a talented photographer and her family live there instead of me so I will only get to visit on line. (Good thing I don't live down the street, they might find me sipping hot chocolate in their family room) You have to see it. HERE. Tell me if you are not in love with this place too.
O.K. on to the main event. This is my very good friend Jennifer's beautiful home. Cottage in style with tons of character. Too bad the snow hadn't started to fall before I took these photos.

This is her charming front porch. Check out all the Christmas goin' on here. Check out the checks too! She painted them a few summers ago. Aren't they cute?
Look at her sweet display of Santa warming himself by the fire. (Yes that is the same type of little wooden stove I have in my entry. Jennifer painted one and it turned out so cute her husband Kirk cut the wood and put one together for me to paint. Love it!) Wouldn't it be cozy to sit out here with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate and chat the afternoon away? (she says shivering while wearing a sweatshirt INSIDE ) Oh well, it sounds good in theory.
Now I know you are all gonna be mad at me but you will have to wait until tomorrow to see the inside of this lovely home. The traditional red and green of this wreath are carried throughout Jennifer's Holiday decorations.

O.K. Stop knocking. You can't get in until Wednesday. See you then.

Have a warm Tuesday, P.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thank you so much for mentioning my house in your post! I'm honored, and would love if you stopped by for some hot chocolate (although I will spike it with Bailey's for sure!) No worries, we have a Guest Bedroom!

This home is beautiful, I LOVE what she did to the porch!

Sue said...

Pam,
What fun!

Thank you for taking us "on tour" with you! What a beautiful home Laura has and and I can't wait to see the inside of Jennifer's home!

By the way, I passed my test... :)

Drop by and read about it...

Jodie LeJeune said...

To what do I owe all of this recognition??? Where do I send the check? Just kidding. Thanks for thinking of me and checking in...it's always a pleasure! I miss the snow, it's already back up to 78 degrees again here. We'll be wearing shorts for Christmas again!
Miss you!
Jodie