Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Hope you dance the night away. We are hosting a small party of close friends. It's a PJ party. Everyone is wearing their jammies or sweats and slippers. We will play board games, eat lots of food and sip hot chocolate and cocktails just like when we were kids. (Except for the cocktails.)
In the tradition of all you LOL gals out there I thought we could ring in the New Year with a prescription for Inner Peace sent to me by my friend Barb.

Subject: Inner Peace

I am passing this on to you because of what happened in the markets
recently, it definitely worked for me, and we all could probably use more
calm in our lives.

Some doctor on television this morning said the way to achieve inner peace
is to finish all the things you have started. So I looked around my house
to see what things I'd started and hadn't finished and, before leaving the
house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of shhhardonay, a
bodle of Baileys, a butle of vocka, a pockage of Prunglies, tha mainder of
both Prozic and Valum scriptins, the resh of the Chesescke an a box a
chocolets. Yu haf no idr who frkin gud I fel.

Peas sen dis orn to dem yu fee ar in ned ov inr pece

Wishing you peace, happiness, health and prosperity in 2009!

Have a safe and joyful New Years Eve, P.
Pin It!

9 comments:

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I love it! Enjoy your gathering and Happy New Year, Pam. ~Mindy

Jodie LeJeune said...

Happy New Year Pam! Your party is a great way to start off the new year...good friends, board games and jammies! Wish I was there!!!!!
Jodie

nikkicrumpet said...

Have a wonderful PJ party. I'll be having one of my own...with just me, the hubby, the dogs and the guitar hero lol. We'll all be in our jammies eating too much food too! Have a wonderful New Year...I look forward to many visits here in 2009!

trash talk said...

Pam, I think I'll have a lottle of biquor myself (ala Chippys)and to save time maybe make chocolate martinis. If you're in need of jammers, I'll loan you my New Year's eve outfit. May the new year be wonderful for you and your family. Happy New Year, my friend! Debbie

Candy Allen said...

Funny! Funny! Have a great PJ night! Love that idea.

kari and kijsa said...

A great year and blessings for a great new one as well!
Happy New Year,
kari & kijsa

cityfarmer said...

I always find such peace here...please keep on being my friend..

let's chat
Happy New Year
stop on over for a glass

Sandi said...

Happy New Year! Glad we met and looking forward to lots more good times together. I would so be at your party. Have fun.
VictorianGypsy

bella shabby said...

Hi Pam , I read books the same way ! I finished Bone by Bone last night ( shhh , don't tell - I'm still on vacation :o) I get so into the book , laundry piles up , no dinner to be found and sleep is highly over rated. Then I want more! Kinda like chocolate. My husband just shakes his head and makes a grilled cheese sandwich. I hope you are having a wonderful time , have a hot chocolate for me. Happy New Year! Sue