Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Friday, December 19, 2008

A Bit of Vintage Christmas

Do you love 50's and 60's Christmas images. They just make me happy. Case in point. Two sweet big eyed deer in pastels gazing fondly at one another. Enchanting.I suppose it's part nostalgia and part that all these designs are downright fun! These trays make me think of Holiday parties at Grandma and Grandpa's.
Can't you imagine them full of sparkley sugar glittered cookies. Which one will you choose?
The wrapping paper! These colors make my heart flutter.
Sooo cheerful. Always lot's of my favorite color, red. Festive.
This blue with the candy cane trees is my idea of the perfect color combo.
Darling gift stickers. I remember sticking these all over packages and envelopes as a child. I can taste the glue on back now. Yuck, I need a glass of milk and some of those sugar cookies off that tray!
A bowl full of mini Christmas trinkets. I have been saving these for crafting and have yet to bring myself to use one.
They are so precious. (Except maybe the snowman, he kinda creeps me out.)

Have a nostalgic Friday, P.
Pin It!

8 comments:

nikkicrumpet said...

LOL the snowman isn't creepy...well kinda creepy...but still cute! I love the deer though...they are my favorite!

The English Cottage Collection said...

Lordy~What a flashback! I remember licking those stickers and putting them all over packages and cards...forgot all about those! I can still remember the taste of the glue, like it was yesterday. The snowman looks like one of the wax one's rightf? too fun:)Debra

Geralyn Gray said...

That was funny--I was tasting that yucky gum sticker taste the same time I was looking at that picture....It's funny how we are drawn to the same things from our childhood. Thanks for all your holiday home tour links--it really was fun virtually touring all of those houses.

Moonlight Hollow Musings said...

The creepy snowman looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy!

Love your collection of oldies but goodies. Loved the golden glow of your last picture...it made me feel like Christmas when I was a kid...twenty or so years ago!

Malisa

trash talk said...

I guess we all remember the taste of that glue once we're reminded of it. Same taste as Easter Seals! I love the vintage decorations. I can't remember if it was Target or Steinmart that had a whole line of decorations, paper, cards everything vintage looking. I bought all I could afford and hoarded it over the past few years. Still have some of the paper I use on special gifts. It just makes it seem more like Christmas. Thanks for the memories! Debbie

lulu Redstar & Lauri Evans said...

OOOOOOooooo, I love that little deer would you sell him? Lauri @ chippys, email me@ evansq@comcast.net

texasdaisey said...

Your post makes me so homesick for my childhood. I just love nostalgic things.
Debbie

The Muse said...

oh gosh yes...i adore it all!