Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Thursday, November 20, 2008

U.C. Bound, My Artist

We interrupt this Silver Bella blather fest for other news. Zombies have invaded the U.S.A. (I just needed an excuse for one more Halloween picture.) My little zombie has been accepted at the School of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning at the University of Cincinnati. Now she can return from the dead and enjoy the rest of her Senior year. What a relief as this was really the only choice she would have been happy with. I had to flip through her drawing board and post a few pictures of some recent homework, proud mama that I am. An ink and watercolor painting of her cousin Jacob,
a colored pencil drawing of her favorite singer from the Horror Pops,
an acrylic wash of her friend and classmate Katie. I am so glad to see her following her dream. She has never wanted to be anything but an artist. Now it will become a reality for her. Go Sadie!
It is the best feeling in the world to see your children off to a happy future.

Have a Cloud 9 Thursday, P.

P.S. I changed my music because you know what is coming to the theaters on Friday, right?
My daughter and her friends are all reading it and I even read the first one myself. If you have to ask you either don't have teenage girls or you are not into what's new at the cinema. I just thought Ghost Bees was an appropriately moody choice of music in anticipation of "you know what."
Pin It!

7 comments:

trash talk said...

Be proud, Mom! Debbie

Jodie LeJeune said...

Congrats to Sadie and also a big Congrats to you and receipts for raising such a beautiful and talented daughter! Go ahead, float around on cloud 9...you all deserve it.
ps...although I will go check out this "Twilight" talk of the world movie but I really loved your previous music!!!!!!

Berlin Deluxxe said...

She is most certainly talented! Congrats to both of you :)

Candy said...

Your daughter is brilliant! Way to go mom!

Candy

Geralyn Gray said...

Your daughter is so talented,,,,and she got into the school of her choice---WOW. She deserves a big congratulations. I don't remember if I talked about my daughter over the weekend. But, she missed portfolio day in NYC and was very disappointed the weekend of Silver Bella. I take her on Sunday to Phillie to show her portfolio. She has been working very hard and I can't wait for her to show it off. I loved seeing your daughter's work and you should be very proud. I am not familiar with Twilight and apparently out of a very big loop. I took a class this summer, the teacher mentioned it. I had no idea what she was talking about, but EVERYONE in the class did. I mentioned it to my daughter if she was interested in the movie and she agreed EVERYONE else has read it but her. Maybe we'll see the movie and see what everyone is talking about.

Sue said...

Congratulations, Pam! I know that has to be a HUGE relief for the both of you! She is very talented, indeed.

My daughter and my step daughter are enthralled with Twilight! My step daughter (who is 25) says the only downer for her is that the cast are geared toward a younger crowd. She had a more "mature" vampire in mind when she read the series...if ya know what I mean. LOL

Hey, what the heck did Chaddie do now. I truly wish they would get rid of that jerk...and take his new name with him! (I thought it was hilarious that he went to all that trouble and the league (actually Reebock) wouldn't let him change his name on his official jersey he wears when playing unless he paid them something like $500.000.00 LOL He is talented, but I am WAAAAY over his antics!)

We will see how they fare tonight. Man, how I hate Pittsburgh...

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

Wow! How very exciting for you and for her! And what talents she has. Woo hoo! ~Mindy