Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Monday, November 10, 2008

Silver Bella Treasure Box

I have gathered some bits of this and that for Silver Bella.
I found an old Lady Hamilton jewelry box at Goodwill to keep my pretties in. A decadent red lining and gold framed mirror. The pale pink crocheted purse reflected in the mirror will hold pencils, charcoal and Sharpies.Lots of little compartments for a crocheted goody here and a shiny pink bell there. How about a rhinestone pretzel? A few pages from a French grammar book and a Christmas card from the 30's.
A vintage card game called Dr. Quack and fluffy net flowers with rosy sherbet centers.
Ribbons and trims in all my favorite colors.
What will I pack for the snowy weather? I bought some powder pink gloves and a rose and white scarf to go with my green velvet coat, and a sparkly bit of vintage bling for my lapel. I haven't attended before so I will be a newby. I know there have been some swaps and a yahoo group going on but being computer challenged I did not participate. I have lots to learn but what fun I'm having in the process.
Joe is going with me and we are taking a few extra days to explore Omaha. I'll pack extra camera batteries too, I will have a lot to share when I return. My tool kit is packed and I am SO ready to go. Silver Bella or bust!

Have a sparkling Monday, P.
Pin It!

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Have a wonderful time! Silver Bella sounds like so much fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.

trash talk said...

Please be sure and take a photo of you in your coat, hat and gloves. Sounds delish! Have loads of fun and hurry on back with photos. Deb

Primitiques 'n Poetry said...

I had never heard of this event. But, after looking it up, I do believe you are going to have fun! Good for you. Indeed, pictures, please! ~Mindy

cityfarmer said...

sounds like a great time....


obtw...I love bette and barry...slow boat to China

trash talk said...

I know you're getting ready for Silver Bella, but I had to return the favor of Kreative Blogger. Your writing is music to my soul. Deb I wouldn't think you would have to nominate 6 more but I'll leave that up to you.

thedomesticfringe said...

Can't wait to see pictures. Have a good time!

jewelry said...

Looking for the finest white gold, yellow gold or rose gold men's diamond rings available? Visit diamond rings for men