Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Silver Bella Junk Drunk

Is it possible to be drunk on junk? That is how I feel after Silver Bella. I have always been a collector of the old, used and well loved pieces of the past, but mostly I would buy things in fairly good condition so that with a tweak here and a dab of paint there they could be re-purposed for my home or a sale. Now I have a reason to hunt for REAL Junk, broken bits of hardware and jewelry and books with broken bindings and pages spilling out. I am reeling from the possibilities. I brought loads of this flotsam home from Omaha and I can't wait to dig in. Look at this pile of books, papers, magazines, and cards...all waiting to be cut up, glued, sewn, painted on, all in the name of art.
I want to make jewelry and ornaments and dolls and collages with all these cast off treasures.
Maybe a pair of over-sized Bootsy Collins or Elton John glasses with button covered frames to wear. (Do ya dare me?) I'm so junk drunk I just might.
Here are a few of the things we created in the classes I took at Silver Bella from Jenni Bowlin and Teresa Mcfayden. The green envelope holds the many cards from all the great women I met, and already miss, by the way.
Carolyn Peeler taught a class in backgrounds and since I have not done any collage art before this really helped me get started. (I have always been a traditional artist, this has really opened the doors in my brain to new ways of looking at art)
Kimberly Kwan taught a class on distressing a frame and using burlap and chicken wire as a background. I brought my Little Red Riding Hood postcard to incorporate in this one. You know I love me some LRR or any creepy fairy tale for that matter. This is going on my wall below my Little Red shrine. (Ohh... a shrine..that's got me thinking...)

Two of my favorite things, art and junk, all rolled into one big ball of fun. Who knew?

Have a junky Wednesday, P.
Pin It!

6 comments:

trash talk said...

Just don't get so drunk on power you forget to post photos of finished projects for the art challenged like myself. Tn'T

Jodie LeJeune said...

Pam...are you junk drunk or is it really happy hour in your neck of the woods??? Love your artwork! And I love all of your new finds too! Can't wait to see how you are going to drink them up into something gorgeous!!!! tee hee!
Miss you!
Jodie

Candy said...

Wow! Looks like you really did have a good time! I love all your finds and your crafted "junk".

Candy

Geralyn Gray said...

Wow--you finished a lot of projects. I forgot I sat at the same table as you in Kim's class, too. But I remember the Little Red Riding Hood. All your projects look great. I can't wait to see what you make with the books. Teresa's Christmas Pageant project looked so cool--after asking everyone how they did it--I might attempt that.

vintagepaletteart said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Silver Bella! Two friends of mine attended last year and they had the best time! Can't wait to see what you create with all of your new goodies!

I'll be back to check it out! =D

*Lori

Joanna said...

hello. I wish I had gotten more projects done while I was in class. I came home from SB tired, behind at work, and I still have projects to finish. Ugh! :) But I'll definitely be back next year. It was great, wasn't it? xoxo, Joanna