Pages

Living Graciously, Artfully, Frugally.

Consciously taking notice of the gifts each day places in our path.

“I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.” R. W. Emerson

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I do not discuss my political views here because this is a place to relax and enjoy the little pleasures life has to offer, so why do I have to be subjected to other's political views when I just want to be entertained? Last night I tuned in to Boston Legal, one of the three network shows I watch on any regular basis (if I remember they are on at that particular time). I am sick to death of this election and the constant bickering and sniping from both sides. Anyhoo, I sat down to be entertained and what do I get? The entire show was a political commercial for Barack Obama thinly veiled as a Boston Legal episode. WTF? I don't watch drama/comedy shows to get my political ideology. I am not thrilled with either candidate. I desperately want a viable independent. So, about this show, I don't think I'll be watching again. (Slim pickins' out in TV land.) Not because they support Mr. Obama, but because their job is entertainment not political commentary.
And now I will head here to vote. I will concentrate on local issues and my state reps. We need change but I don't need TV shows to tell me how to effect that change.Whoever wins tomorrow, I am an American and he will be my president come January.We are all in this together, let's behave that way. Exercise your right to vote.

Have an all American Tuesday, P.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Berlin Deluxxe said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You took the words right out of my mouth. Great post!

trash talk said...

Girl, I couldn't have said it any better. I'm getting ready to go vote and I'm taking a quarter to flip a coin. Can I do a write in? BTW, how were the martinis? I think a playlist would be great on my blog with only daddy songs, what do you think? Tn'T

thedomesticfringe said...

I plan on voting this afternoon. You're so right, whoever wins will be our president and will deserve our respect.

Carol D said...

I couldn't agree more!! I too watched Boston Legal and was outraged by it. I don't need Hollywood to help me to vote!! No more Boston Legal for me!!